MSFT paid $240m for Facebook stake

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Oct 24, 2007.

1. all blue skies ahead

we're in a new era

no problems

#21     Oct 28, 2007
  2. You are a complete moron, Facebook aint worth close anything to the 15B valuation unless they change their business significantly. What barrier of entry do they have? NONE, all you need to do to get teenagers and college students on board is offer a service with some fancy name, and some constantly updating features. Now compare that to Yahoo or Google, how are they different? let's see.... because Yahoo and Google have practical uses to people who use them? Facebook is a place to look around at your friends and their friends, no practical use.

#22     Oct 28, 2007
  3. bluud

bluud

i think spying in IT related areas is something usual that most jerks (specially white people) practice no matter how much they would love to deny it ...

examples: most companies have vnc installed on their employees machines ... the vnc has a main password ... using that, system admins have access to view (and even access) any pc in the company exactly as the user sees it .. it is installed on all machines so admins can provide support to employees without having to go to their desk and even from home ... but ...
    http://www.realvnc.com/vnc/how.html

almost all companies keep full records of their employees internet activities .. according to their words they don't personally look at them they only keep track so in case a legal issue arises, they can go back through the records to prove what they want to prove

anyhow there are a billion weird tools out there that try to gather as much information about users and site visitors as possible ... and last but not least we have the NSA ... anyhow in my opinion people should just get over it ... accept that all activity online can be tracked and so long as it can be tracked there is no reason not to record it ... recording is really cheap compared to all other costs

---

facebook will be something like zune a total failure

#23     Oct 28, 2007
  4. bluud

bluud

are you serious or just pretending to be stock__trader

#24     Oct 28, 2007
  5. LMAO, nasdaq over 10k cause of web 2.0??? web 2.0 is totally over rated, other than google, none of em are making any real hard cash. I don't even consider google web 2.0, they have not changed much since the dotcom bust era.

#25     Oct 28, 2007
  6. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

#26     Oct 28, 2007
  7. Um hum wrong gain as usual, two-bit.

Facebook has a complete stranglehold on social networking, which is already a saturated market. While almost anyone can create a social networking site capturing marketchare to make it a sucess is exceedingly disfficult because the market is so satruated. There are probably thouands of social networking sites.

Even if a new sites with much better features somehow comes along it would be nearly impossible to get enough users to make it success at this point.

#27     Oct 29, 2007
  8. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

facebook is in the midst of a privacy nightmare.
    employees looking at profiles to see who is dating whom. one ee even logged into someones account and changed some of the info, including changing the image, and sending out messages!

an indusrtry connected reporter i know called facebook to ask to speak with an employee accused of uneccessarily hacking into someone's account...the reporter was accused of harrassment!

facebook is cool. but beware....danger lurks.

lets see if the main stream press will pick it up....

#28     Oct 29, 2007
  9. I am actually working with a group (helping to raise cash etc) with a company that has a much better concept both as a marketing/income generating model and cool place to hang out. This thing is so far ahead of the crap like myshit and facearse it is scary.

As the above poster says they is little as far as bariers to entry go the hardest thing is getting people who have invested a large amount of their time in a particular site to move. I am sure this isnt the only new concept coming through either

#29     Oct 29, 2007
  10. dude you know absolutely nothing, social networking isnt a saturated market, the only thing facebook has a grip on is 50 million teenagers and college grads, and hmmm I wonder what age group does all the dough belong to eh?

#30     Oct 29, 2007