MSFT news afterhours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Nov 1, 2002.

1. What amazes me most is not how much money I have lost so far, but how little I have had to spend to learn so much about trading.

#21     Nov 1, 2002
  2. Have you learned what the real problem is? What steps are you taking to solve that problem?

#22     Nov 1, 2002

3. If you are still making the same mistakes over and over you haven't learned anything yet.

Insanity = doing the same thing over and over expecting different results

Peace

#23     Nov 1, 2002
  4. The old "know-it-all and biased" aphie is dead. He has been replaced with a new aphie that does not question why the market is running so hard even faced against bad economic data.

The old aphie held losing positions 5 times longer than winning positions. The new aphie will be satisfied being wrong much more than he is right, so long as the "rights" are much righer than the wrongs are wronger.

The old aphie was a know-it-all, the new aphie is a humbled follower of where the trend is going.

Most importantly, I am now starting to leave that phase of being "a pompous know-it-all totally correct trader" and now entering the phase of "respecting in totality the mechanics of the market."

Even though I have lost money, today I love the market moreso than I ever have. The market has taken my money, and given me invaluable lessons that I can apply to all other aspects of my life.

It is only a matter of time until I understand that the market is my leader and I am merely a bandwagon follower of trend that cuts losses fast and rides profits for all they are worth. At this point I am break-even, and at some future point, I will slowly be consistently profitable.

I love the market more today than I ever have, and I am realizing that my ego must dissolve itself and be replaced with a humbled personality that is disciplined to follow a precise system that the market spells out for me.

I am so ecstatic the market has taken my money -- because what is has given back to me is far more valuable. Lessons in life can be hard, but dropping the ego and evolving yourself is immeasurable compared to monetary loss.

I am a good trader.

I will be successful.

I thank the market for these lessons.

I look forward to tomorrow.

I will continue to make mistakes.

Yet, I will continue to evolve into a more disciplined trader.

Observation is key -- experience is key. No book will ever make one a seasoned trader. You can read any book about loss, but only actual loss will make you feel the emotions and effects of losing that will change your perceptions towards success and continuation. Yesterday I have failed, yet tomorrow I will succeed. Nobody could read a novel in first grade, yet we work and slave to educate ourselves to the point where we write our own novels. In this, I am successful. In failure, I am successful. There is no loss, but only gain in my eyes.

#24     Nov 1, 2002
  5. usually open up 630 pm EST

sunday night

#25     Nov 1, 2002
  6. With a swirl?

#26     Nov 1, 2002
  7. Chocolate jimmies on top and whipped cream on the sides.

#27     Nov 1, 2002
  8. Your underwear is going to have chocolate jimmies in it if you keep putting on those wierd positions ...

#28     Nov 1, 2002
  9. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

Hershey highway?

#29     Nov 1, 2002
  10. Or, are the weird positions causing the whipped cream in your underwear ...

#30     Nov 1, 2002