MS Word

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Vinny1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Perhaps someone can help me. Up until about a week ago, I was able to open Word attachments that I sent to myself to my hotmail account. Now I can't for some unknown reason. A pop up tells me "Microsoft Word needs a converter to display this file correctly. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?"

If I click yes, it tells me "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage disk and click ok.

I do not have such a disk.

Any thoughts on what I can do?

2. 1. Are the things arriving from hotmail still xxx.doc ... if not try changing them to .doc

2. It should be able to get converters from whatever disk you used to install word.

3. They are still arriving from hotmail with xxx.doc.

I don't have the disk that I used to install word unfortunately.

4. Try to upload it via google docs, and then see if you can send it to your hotmail acct and open it.

5. delbart

delbart

Get OpenOffice. http://www.openoffice.org. It is opensource and FREE.

6. It's a bit of a kluge, but keep in mind that you can open (and correctly display) almost any MSWord file with the ancient, um, classic WordPad, included by default with Windows.

Start - All Programs - Accessories - WordPad