MS Office XP Pro MISSING KEY

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Pejman Hamidi, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would anyone be willing to share with me their Product Registration Key for their Office XP Pro w/ Front Page?

I swapped out my hard drive for a new and bigger one, but can't find my key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

2. ddefina

ddefina

I installed Zone Alarm over a year ago and noticed that Microsoft had a program running invisibly on most of my computers that communicated to one of their servers. I don't know what it communicates but Zone alarm asks if you want to give it permission to use a port (which I denied of course). Do you know if XP has this little invisible program? And what info its passing on--Like people using duplicate keys, etc? I'd be careful these days.

3. You can be sure that if they were using it before, they are still using it now.

I know of a "cracked" version of XP Pro. There's a function called "critical update" that flashes repeatedly when MSFT wants to send you software patches. But little do they tell you that when they run this, they check for cracked versions. If they find you using a cracked version, the Feds don't show up at your house. You simply find your programs in 'view only' mode until you buy the key or activate the product online.

4. i do not have such a key.
    but you could do this:

get KaZaa (from www.kazaa.com), a peer to peer file sharing software. (like napster)
    sign up, start the prog, go to search, enter something like "Office XP serial", you will get one.
    I do not know if this is legal, but if you bought the program officially, i am sure there will be no problem

5. Guys, I may be wrong, but the point is moot. I thought you could only run the software so many times before they make you enter the product key and register it online or by phone. If the product key has already been used by someone else, they will immediately let you know.

My friend installed a version on Windows XP Prp on one of my computers and then told me I had 30 days to go buy a version because he didn't know you couldn't use the product key over and over again.

6. Pejman -

If you're the legit licensee of the software, contact Microsoft. They'll have a procedure to verify you and they can replace your product registration key - this isn't the first time it's happened.

Using someone else's key will only cause a problem for you and them.

7. elie

elie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.