Mr. Williams responds

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2006.

1. 1. I am not going to rehash what has already been said again and again, ad infinitum.

2. His very pretty daughter is young enough to be my daughter. Try not to think like a teenager when you are looking to establish credibility.

3. How many contracts did you actually buy? How many real dollars did you actually make? It is not quite so difficult "predicting" (your word, not mine) a turn after it is already underway. That's why the litmus test is in the real dollars you made.

#31     Mar 8, 2006

2. dog,

you know i respect you overall, however, you taking one or two silly things LW said or did and extrapolating it over his entire career is really not fair. from my perspective, LW is more real than the rest of the promoter class.

surfer

#32     Mar 8, 2006
  3. Fine, so he's one of the friendlier wolves. Surfer, according to Larry himself he almost doubled his money over a period 8 or so presentations, trading live while giving seminars. On the face of it, that's exceptional. Are you this good? If not and if you actually believe what he says, then did you buy all of his books and newsletters, and have you attended all of his seminars? If so, then good for you. If not, then why not?

#33     Mar 8, 2006

4. i really don't need what larry teaches, however his latest book--"secrets of the COT report" is quite good and i learned much from it.

surfer

#34     Mar 8, 2006
  5. You can almost double the value of your trading account over a period of 8 days or so? If so, then I congratulate you. If not and if you actually believe in him, then it follows that you may indeed have something to learn from him. Just my opinion, of course.

#35     Mar 8, 2006
  6. Would you explain a little about "his indicator after 5 days of live testing"?
    Thanks

#36     Mar 8, 2006
  7. It wasn't done over eight days. He traded real money in front of a live audiance a couple times a year. The seminar was 4 days long and the money was made over the course of a few years. He proved one point, that he actually trades and makes money trading.

As for larry's material, I think I have bought every book he's written, and subscribe to both of his newsletters. He has a great trading mind, and I love his approach to life. He is one of the few that walks the walk, and I have tremendous respect for him. More importantly, I have made money using his material. Take it for what it's worth.

#37     Mar 8, 2006
  8. I have tremendous respect for LW. I have his books and have met him once. Very smart guy and his concepts are some of the best researched I've come across.

#38     Mar 8, 2006
  9. OK, it wasn't over 8 days. However, it was over 8 "presentations," however long those may be. If they were indeed 4 days long (really?), then I concede that it had taken him about 32 trading days to garner a 75% return. That's still exceptional for those who believe him. That the seminars were spread out over a few years is immaterial. He allegedly made that money while conducting the presentations. Therefore, those are the only days under consideration, exclusive of the periods between those presentations. If surfer can't top that, then it only follows that he should be attending and taking notes. I know that I would if I thought it was true.

Mschey, I concede that, if you believe in Larry and own all his books, then you walk the walk. (Although I sincerely hope you know where you are walking.) However, you made no mention of attending any of Larry's seminars. Surely you must believe it would be money well spent to watch the "master" in person performing his craft. And no doubt, you have made more than enough money from Larry's principles thus far to comfortably afford attending such an event that may well catapult you to the next level. No?

#39     Mar 8, 2006
  10. Indeed I did think it was money well spent. I have been to two seminars, and saw him chalk up profits of around 80 grand. While attending, I wasn't fortunate enough to make 80 grand, I only made somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 or 12 grand, which ain't too shabby, IMO!

#40     Mar 8, 2006