Mr. Williams responds

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2006.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Your attitude flies in the face of basic human nature. If a person never addresses his critics, most people assume the critics are telling the truth. Didn't Kerry prove this in 2004 when he ignored the Swift Boat Veterans for Bush?

If your critics are telling the truth, maybe the best strategy is to ignore them. But if they are lying, call them on it and rub their noses in it. People like you who think this is "bad" behavior are about as small a minority as can be found in "Stand Up" America. Exposing malacious lies and liars is never uncalled-for.

#21     Mar 8, 2006
  2. As some of you may know, I think Larry is FOS. You may also be aware that I don't think any trader (still) worth his salt writes how-to books, markets newsletters or sells seminars for mass consumption. But that's just me. After all, what do I know?

However, I will say this. If there was a trader who I thought was legitimate and worth listening to, and who was actively dispensing his considerable knowledge to anyone who asked, then I would buy everything he had to sell: books, newsletters, seminars, the works. So, the question is, how many of you true believers have put your money where your mouth is? How many of you have bought all of Larry's books, subscribed to all of his newsletters and attended all of his seminars? And if not, then why not? If you truly believe all he allegedly stands for and what he presumably is capable of, then how could your money be possibly better spent? Damn it, borrow if you have to! Max out your credit cards. If Larry is such a good trader and such a nice guy who really wants to help, then what are you all waiting for? This is the big one. Don't let it get away. This is your chance at the brass ring. In Larry's own words, "the key to the kingdom," the "money tree." His words, not mine. (Don't they just exude credibility?)

#22     Mar 8, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Since I am a cheap bastard, the library is just fine for me. But otherwise, I am so far very statisfied with his indicator after 5 days of live testing. And I really don't care much about what else he wrote, I like to keep it simple...

So sign me up as one putting my money where my mouth is! :)

By the way, I think we have just bottomed...

#23     Mar 8, 2006
  4. Splendid! Consider it done. Five whole days of live testing? Take it easy, young man. Pace yourself. Don't burn yourself out. No doubt, you put real money on those trades and have real profits to show for your considerable efforts. (Otherwise, you surely wouldn't be making such boisterous claims.)

#24     Mar 8, 2006
  5. romik

romik

Thunderdog, have you been to university/college?

#25     Mar 8, 2006
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  6. MBA, 1984. Why do you ask?

#26     Mar 8, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

We are 30 points higher, although we might fall back, that was another good prediction. I am going to start the journal soon....

By the way that prediction was based on both BB and Williams...

#27     Mar 8, 2006
  8. romik

romik

I am just wondering why you think he is FOS. Is it because you dispute his achievements as a trader or you simply don't like the guy? I was under the impression that his credibility as a successful trader is based on factual trading performance that actually took place in the past.

Disputing THAT could be compared to not trusting your university professors who are giving you information in exchange for a salary, that comes out of student's pockets. Just because L.W. is willing to sell his expertise, does not join him with others that have no proven record of actual past performance. Whether one wishes to incorporate his TAs is a very personal matter, wouldn't you agree?

#28     Mar 8, 2006
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  9. Romik,

I have been down this path before in too many threads, and it usually leads to nowhere at considerable expense in terms of time to all concerned. Therefore, I will refrain from addressing his credibility. If I have offended your sensibilities, then please accept my apologies. There are numerous people here at ET touting Larry. My initial post to this thread simply sought to determine how many of those people have put their money where their mouth is. And if a golden guru put out a host of "products" available for his many fans, students and followers, what is the rationale for buying only a single book from such a reported visionary? That is the only matter I wished to address. What prevents people who are convinced of his legitimacy from freely spending and buying everything he has to sell in the way of education? Surely it would be money very well spent, based on their own premise. So I say, go for it. Who am I to argue?

#29     Mar 8, 2006
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Like we don't have enough time while we are waiting for the positions to play out??

You still haven't explained why you don't like Williams. Maybe you tried to have a date with Michelle and he was against it?? :)

Oh yeah, we rallied 50+ points since I said the bottom was in....

#30     Mar 8, 2006