Mr. Williams responds

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Pekelo, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

all traders are in competition with each other to get the best entries and exits. To dismiss this fact as unimportant is intellectually bankrupt.

#11     Mar 7, 2006
  2. BertH

BertH

andrasmn, I understand what you're saying. But we're all human--from the most ignorant to brilliant. I'm sure he's fed up at times with accusations of bogus when he has been legit. Sometimes, ya just gotta react. If he's always doing that, it's a different matter. I imagine it took awhile to get to that point for him.

#12     Mar 8, 2006
  3. Just curious, how do you react when your stock opens $3 against you, or your futures opens $1600 per contract against you? Thank you sir may I have another? Or do you yell out a few explicatives yourself?

#13     Mar 8, 2006
  4. romik

romik

This whole statement reminds me of a very British attitude towards success, I tell u I've been living in the UK since 1992, lovely country in many ways, but one of the negative sides is that nobody seems to like achievers here, you have to be average to qualify for the appreciation of the majority.

#14     Mar 8, 2006
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  5. Correct me if I am missing it porgie;
    doesnt you derivative plan include flat eod??????

That is somewhat unusual in that mr Williams gives back 20% to seminar attendees:D

#15     Mar 8, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Thank you for staying normal. After that outburst, I was expecting more of the same.

Anyway, I think he had a very legitime reason to have a rebutal in an interview. As many famous people, he is probably being asked the same questions over and over again, and when half of those are based on lies and missconceptions, a person get fed up really fast.

So I think he just decided to set the record straight, and after that he can just refer anybody to the same interview, if they ask the same old questions again.

As about competitions, I love them. LIFE is a competition, just think about your 20 years high school reunion! :)

A very big % of successful traders are former pro sportsmen, thus they are competitive in nature. Also, if you trade online alone, you might get curious, just how well you can measure up against others.

If you run a business, everyday is a competition. If you are a lawyer, every trial is a match. And so on...
    In trading you compete with the other traders everyday, but that is impersonal, most of the time you don't know who is on the other side. A trading competition is also fun, not necesserily just for egomassaging...

But that is just my take on it...

#16     Mar 8, 2006
  7. Choad

Choad

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#17     Mar 8, 2006
  8. larry wins hot trader daughter award, also!

by the way, michelle won the robbins cup several years ago! so she is a trader chick......

thanks choad,

surfer
    :) :)

#18     Mar 8, 2006
  9. ... at sweet 16, no less, around 1996. Took $10K to ~$100K, all by herself, surely. Who knows, another year at it, and she could've crushed Hillary's 100-fold pork bellies record, also achieved without any outside assistance. ;)

Back to reality... at 15 Michelle graduated from high school and was "legally emancipated from her parents". Cool. (Source for all that indispensable info: IMDB)

#19     Mar 8, 2006
  10. I'll take the Indian food over your profanity any day!

#20     Mar 8, 2006