Mr Subliminal's Remote Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Mr Subliminal, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Listen, there are very serious and devoted traders here at Elite and this thread will only serve to confuse and distract them from the task at hand.

At the very least, a sad tail of the loss of a girlfriend or maybe a pet goldfish is in order.

PS That picture you claim is you , is really a stock photo of GSCO holding up the bid in MSFT during a massive sell program.

#11     Apr 30, 2002
  2. Mr Subliminal ...YOU R THE GREATEST!!

please keep those posts coming. i love! to read them!

hehe... @^)

ps MR SUBLIMINAL'S REMOTE TRADING JOURNAL ...best header i've EVER read! lol!

#12     Apr 30, 2002
  3. ... or a sad loss of tail.

#13     May 1, 2002
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Is that a tale of tail? :confused:

#14     May 1, 2002
  5. You'll spoil my joke :D (Great minds think alike)

#15     May 1, 2002
  6. fellow traders, make no mistake, a very very sharp fellow Mr Subliminal. :-}

#16     May 1, 2002
  7. I don't get it! (my wife would kill me )

#17     May 1, 2002
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Wellll....in that case it would be a tale of woe. (or is that a woeful tail?) :eek:

#18     May 1, 2002
  9. Today's volatility was all a trader could wish for (censored) with some nice, sustained moves. Oracle crashed through both 10 and 9, and not to be outdone, Sun continued its downward descent from 64 (Sept, 2000) to 7ish. This price action apparently went unnoticed by Laura Conigliaro, Sun analyst for Goldman Sachs, who has maintained a "buy" rating for all this time, and appeared quite comfortable on CNBC this morning. In fact at the end of the interview, when Martha MacCallum asked the standard "do you own any of the stock", Laura's "no" was accompanied by that "I may be stupid but I'm not an idiot" look.

(http://members.fortunecity.com/norsaw/telllaura.wav)

Sport and fitness are 2 things I don't compromise on, so despite today's excellent trading conditions, at precisely 2:30pm I turned off the Presario, jumped onto the sofa (fitness) and watched the UEFA Champions League semifinal between Real Madrid and Barcelona on ESPN2.

#19     May 1, 2002
  10. Firstly, apologies for the erratic link in the previous post - it referenced a WAV file of Ray Peterson's 1960 hit "Tell Laura I Love Her", sung on the pavement outside GSCO's offices every Wednesday by a disgruntled investment club/amateur choir who regularly fly in from Boise, Idaho. Rumor has it that Morgan Stanley foots the bill from their arts promotion budget.
    Apropos Goldman, I don't know which is more entertaining, the fight between the bulls and bears on Wall St, or the local darkhorse vs. StatTrader debate on the Hedge Fund (and one other) thread. darkhorse has a colorful style (I'd kill to write like that) while StatTrader is to be commended for coming into the viper's nest. As a remote trader, I would be remiss if I didn't share with you this little exchange :

StatTrader : "you probably think you're a trading god, sitting in your underwear, placing lots of 5000 shares, but i don't think this is what the original poster had in mind when he said he was interested in working for a hedge fund."

darkhorse : "And what is this "trading from your bedroom" crap? So I'm in my underwear now? And I guess I have bedhead corkscrews of hair pointing everywhere, bloodshot eyes, pizza stains on my wifebeater t-shirt, a stream of yoohoo trickling down my mouth, cartoon network playing in the background...and I guess I don't know anyone with money, either. I'm hitting up my Uncle Jeb who owns a spare parts garage for funds."

There are other fine contributors on that thread, as there are on this board in general. We are indeed lucky.
    Gotta go, Abby's on CNBC (change to Cartoon Network).

#20     May 2, 2002