Mr. President, the time has come

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Yes, but it's the pause that refreshes. That's when you shine.

#41     Jan 26, 2010
  2. Yannis

Yannis

LOL! I agree, but don't forget that this true for so many folks here... :)

#42     Jan 26, 2010
  3. Quote from Dr. Zhivodka:

I have a feeling that some people are in for a big surprise regarding the Messiah.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typical celebrity style marketing statement. Like a reunion of a old rock band or something an agent of some washed up actor coming out of rehab might say.

#43     Jan 26, 2010
  4. Your equating the president after only one year in office with an old rock band or a washed up actor is a tad wishful on your part.

#44     Jan 26, 2010
  5. Yeah, like the Guns and Roses album they have been working on for 15 years.

#45     Jan 26, 2010
  6. That was released last year. "Chinese Democracy." Had about as much chance of success as its title.

#46     Jan 26, 2010
  7. "The president is going to explain why he thinks the American people are angry," Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said Wednesday morning.

Let me help you Mr. President. The reason the American people are so angry is that those that orchastrated and/or facilitated this global economic disaster continue to walk free. One could easily argue that had a group of terrorists done this much damage, we would be bombing the hell out of whatever country they were hiding in.
    Millions have lost their jobs. Tens of millions are under employed and millions more losing everything they ever had. Hundreds of millions around the globe are suffering and yet those at the heart of this meltdown go on as if nothing has happened. These people need to be held accountable. At a minimum should be resigning their positions, and where justice requires should be imprisoned. Some of those on the list for prison would be:
    Angelo Mozilo
    Chuck Prince
    Lewis Ranieri
    Joseph Cassano
    Dick Fuld
    Kathleen Corbet
    Stan O'Neal
    Jimmy Cayne
    Frank Raines
    Herb Sandler and his wife
    Phil Gramm
    Chris Cox
    Hank Paulson
    To name a few.
    Senate resignations should include Frank, Dodd and other usual suspects.
    Presidents Clinton and G.W. Bush should be formally castigated at congressional hearings.
    Until these things are done, there will be no peace, no credit given to you for anything otherwise accomplished. This is job #1.

#47     Jan 27, 2010
  8. Yannis

Yannis

Not bad, it's a start... I would also add Al Gore and Jimmy Carter to the list, mainly because I don't like them :)

#48     Jan 27, 2010

9. He is a narcissist so that is a pretty good assessment of what he will do.

#49     Jan 27, 2010
  10. Yannis

Yannis

At the beginning, yes. But, as Republicans gain more power, self preservation will kick in and he'll turn centrist, same as Clinton in 1994. Most of these politicians are much more selfish than idealists - which in this case is good, but terrible for the country in the long run. Without Reagan's uncompromising vision, we might still have the cold war raging, who knows.

#50     Jan 27, 2010