MR. MARKET's picks doing terrible

Discussion in 'Trading' started by terrible, May 20, 2004.

1. terrible

terrible

now i dont have anything against the guy, he does have 56 winners in a row but his last 10 picks are down substantially.

http://members.aol.com/ebarsamian/

he is hesistant to update his site because the numbers would look even more terrible but check out his numbers since MAY 5

2. terrible

terrible

LOL

he's actually pretty funny

BRING ME YOUR FINE CHEESE AND WINE

lol

3. pspr

pspr

Yup, he's sucking some gas on those open positions cause he won't sell a loser. Back to an old saying out of Livermore,

"Don't tell me what to buy, tell me when to buy it."

4. terrible

terrible

he definately is a good stock picker in a uptrending market.

maybe in this downtrend one might be wise to pick a stock of his which is down 20+ percent

5. In other words, ina indiscriminate bull market, even a monkey throwing darts can make money. But when the going gets tough..........Mr. Market is gone?

6. In mr. markets defense, and i'm surprised i'm actually coming to his defense, he may have been banned from ET hence his silence. This is pure speculation. But my gut tells me he would still come to ET, good picks or bad, if he could.

7. everyone is a good stock picker on an uptrend. remember the 1999-2000 leap? its how you manage you way down the hill that matters.

i have a friend bought QQQ at 35.25 in middle of december 2003. i told him to sell at 38.5, at 37, at 36.5, at 36. and never listen. now he's a little below water for like the 5-6th time. he's still hanging on.

8. mind

mind

snake oil

ping

stupidity

pong

snake oil

ping

stupidity

pong

snake oil

ping

stupidity

pong

9. Well, he made good in '02, which was certainly no "indiscriminate bull market".

10. Mr.Market is one of the much better stock pickers on earth.

However, I also noticed his (fully disclosed) method ran into difficulties recently.

It is very important for him to find out if his method needs modification, since markets are always changing (although the method itself should(!) be resistant, because it bases 70% on fundamentals).

The arrogance of some members here bashing him show that this site's name
    is probably sarcastic - elite(!)trader -

#10     May 21, 2004