$$$MR. MARKET$$$'s proof

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Like I said before, if you go long QQQ's, NQ's, COMPX futs, SMH, BBH today and sell them all next week for gains, I wouldn't really count them as 5 "consecutive" winning trades. You may have caught some nice moves in a bunch of small-caps, but I'm sure many of the holding periods overlap. Compare your 15% gains/trade to how much these little names have rocketed up this past year, and it all doesn't come out as impressive as you think.

Read Fooled By Randomness by Taleb, I think you might get something out of it.

#21     Dec 1, 2003
  2. #22     Dec 1, 2003
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Mr Market,

Why do you care what we think of you or your trading? Are you trying to start a hedge fund or manage money? Isn't your trading enough of an ego boost. Do you have a little pee pee?

#23     Dec 1, 2003
  4. gms

gms

Though I know this post is equivalent to taking your bait, suffice it to say that you should not infer such illogical and self-serving conclusions to the absence of posts. I do believe that the sum of past posts from the "usual doubters" reflect their consistent views, which do not agree with yours, and for my part, I've had enough of all this nonsense of yours. As it turns out, you've posted for quite a few years on numerous forums to drum up attention to yourself, and given the average performance you cite, one wonders... why? You don't care to better your performance, you only continue to seek compliments and wish to make flowery commentary about stock selections, like some large version of Howard Cossell meets CNBC.

And that's why I haven't posted anymore; just like the late Mr. Cossell's patter and CNBC, your posts are for entertainment purposes only.

#24     Dec 1, 2003
  5. Why is everyone else allowed to have a journal on ET and I'm not? That kind of strikes as unfair.

#25     Dec 1, 2003
  6. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Actually the easiest option is to hit the ignore button.

Why would anybody care about these type of postings ?

Profitable traders dont need to post their trade history. Those who do are IMHO selling something or looking for work.

#26     Dec 1, 2003
  7. I wouldn't be able to effectively moderate with members on ignore. But I agree that this option would work for others.

#27     Dec 1, 2003
  8. selling something..as in trying to promote his website.

#28     Dec 1, 2003
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I can't believe anyone who actually considers himself a trader would post crap that was held for well over a year. I'm not sure he understands the concept of "opportunity cost" by having money tied up for so long in "investments".

#29     Dec 1, 2003
  10. If your trade makes 15% in less than a year, how is that "opportunity cost?". Everything I read says 15% is a good return.

#30     Dec 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.