Mr Market Methods

Discussion in 'Journals' started by inandlong, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He is jealous of $$$MR. MARKET$$$

#31     Jul 1, 2003

2. My site is not about picks. Wrong again.

#32     Jul 1, 2003
  3. Macal:

Again, I am one of the original cruicifiers of the big hairy guy and i continue to poke fun at him, but I joined the Yahoo site and it really is just a bunch of people exchanging picks, info, returns ect..in a very informal basis....I was never pitched not asked to contribute....I did not like getting tons of e-mail from the other people discussing entry and exits but I was smiling a the fact that there are people on there challenging his picks and doing 'cyber bets' for a buck against each other.....Anyway, this subject is getting pretty played again and like i said before, there should be a short term play forum where his picks, and others can be discussed...there is some validity to it and quite frankly there are alot of stocks that are nice cycle plays that can also be used as leverage and equity towards the PDT rule.

#33     Jul 1, 2003
  4. Re: could CHINA be the next SOHU, NTES, or SINA? - haveagoodshow
    SINA is having their run today up 10% ... wrong but playing safe! ... SOHU, NTE

Jul 1 Heavy Weather Report #22 - textuur
    The Heavy Weather Report, Friday 06/27/03 This report tries to document what ha

Jul 1 Re: Trading strategy? - cashpepsimale
    Good idea If the stock go up they give themselves credit if it goes down

Jul 1 Re: could CHINA be the next SOHU, NTES, or SINA? - dbrown_2000
    I sold my sina today...I'm thinking they've had their run...prob. wrong but pla

Jul 1 Re: UNSUBSCRIBE - delral
    ... How many cards are you playinwith in your deck? ... _______________________

#34     Jul 1, 2003
  5. Saying something false? Like "I have 53 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or more" ???

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10172

Isn't the claim on the title of this link a totally outrageous lie?

inandlong, you have your reasons, but this monkey is making a mockery of the people here. He came here lying about his record, and now admonishes someone for "saying something completely false"?

I have no idea why this monkey is being encouraged to continue. Especially with his condescending, hypocritical attitude. At least Johnny Rotten tried to help others.

#35     Jul 1, 2003
  6. Why are so many people disparaging MrMarket? The guy is funny and entertaining. His occasional barbs are light-hearted and often in response to mean-spirited criticism against him. So what?

What I find more troubling is that there are several mean-spirited members whose sole purpose, apparently, is to malign and disparage for no reason other than their own entertainment and that of their toadies. These people offer nothing but destructive criticism. I don't believe I have to name names. Anyone who has spent any length of time here knows who they are. How is it that these guys keep coming in under your radar?

While I won't be making any "contributions" to MrMarket any time soon, I'll continue to read his posts for entertainment value. Much of the criticism and attention here is misguided. MrMarket keeps referring to the finest meats and cheeses. Is no one else concerned that he may not be getting enough roughage?

#36     Jul 1, 2003
  7. Get this:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10172

If you think this is entertainment, you are truly a pathetic loser. Thie 1st time it may have been. But not the 100th time.

You don't need mrs. market to tell you which stocks are making new highs, and to buy them. Anyone can check the "new high" page, and buy and hope.

#37     Jul 1, 2003
  8. #38     Jul 1, 2003
  9. gms believe it or not, I share this same concern... about the integrity of EliteTrader. It is a gem to me likewise. I enjoy the opportunity to participate in a variety of trading topics, and I don't want to see it destroyed.

I see that you are a member since Feb. The reason I mention it is because it has taken me quite a while to lighten up with my desire to protect the integrity of ET. I know when I was newer, I was appalled at the number of topics that had absolutely nothing to do with trading, yet remained on the list. I am still appalled with the language that is used sometimes by members as if this website is their personal tavern.

So in my effort to be fair and less uptight about ET's perceived value, perhaps I am being too fair, if there is such a thing. I think mrmarket has a valid method of stock selection. And I also think that there are a number of members who would benefit from learning his method. How many times have I seen complaints by members about other members because they don't share their methods? Too many. Or complaints about posting results.

It does seem to make sense to put this thread in the Journal Forum. LOL, not for my sake.... but because the provided content is really intended to be directed by the thread originator.

mrmarket.... I still support you regardless of your HUGE-ness, but I think the ET community will be better served by this thread being in the Journals.

#39     Jul 1, 2003
  10. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10172

Try it now.

BTW, TM, I'm extremely disappointed in you. You've been around here long enough to know that this is old garbage. mrs. market lied right out of the gate about his record. Why encourage that?

#40     Jul 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.