Mr Market Methods

Discussion in 'Journals' started by inandlong, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok... Johnny Cochran...please tell me what I'm selling.

#21     Jul 1, 2003

2. I understand your point, but in reality these other 'vendors' require a new account application and Mr only mentioned the paypal and that if you feel like sending him $$ you can....he didn't set terms or amounts........HOWEVER....i do believe having the Paypal set up now indicates that as his 'fame; and fortune grows he may be looking at setting up a weekly/monthly newsletter and stock pick of the week....If this is his intention then he should say so now and talk to baron about sponsoring a forum....despite all the criticism though, he has been on target and does have a following and i was never solicited to send money when I joined the yahoo group out of curiosity.

#22     Jul 1, 2003
  3. Your picks. You are asking people to contribute if they like your picks. If you've made a single dime off your site then it is a commercial enterprise, and you're therefor advertising your commercial enterprise on ET by posting a link to it.

#23     Jul 1, 2003
  4. TM_Direct is now my hero....however that doesn't mean we'll be taking warm showers together. I would add though that, initially he was one of my harshest critics. Yet he took the time, like any good analyst would, to assess the facts objectively and, as a result, he has reformulated his opinion and shared it here with us all.

Bravo!

#24     Jul 1, 2003
  5. Please show us all where I ask someone to contribute if they like my picks. You are treading on thin ice here, saying something that it completely false.

#25     Jul 1, 2003

6. :eek: :eek: :eek: ...did you just say somthing about showers!!:confused:

#26     Jul 1, 2003
  7. or, for whatever reason, if you want a really easy way to send me money ===> ain't the internet great???
    ==============================================
    This is on his AOL Hometown site....Not the Yahoo site that I saw....Ouit of curiosity though, has anyone sent you $$ and if so how much?

#27     Jul 1, 2003
  8. gms

gms

I don't have a vendetta against this guy, and I don't get concerned about if John Q. Public may get burned. My concern is that ET is a site I came to, to learn from others more knowledgeable than I. Yahoo Groups, Motley Fool and Raging Bull are full of amateurish traders. mrmarket's stock picking methods are nothing more than the the similar Motley Fool Mechanical Investing Relative Strength screens that floods those types of sites. 'Pick XX stocks that have gained XX% or better in the previous 12 months, then pick the 10 that have the highest XX. Then enter when the stock has already gained 150%'. I suppose in its widest definition, that qualifies as a method, but I don't see it as an informative thread about trading. Yet, that's what your posts keep on suggesting that the thread is. but there's not much discussion about methods by him in the threads, maybe because there's not much to discuss. Instead, there's a lot of him rebuffing others, chiding others, not giving real answers, putting spins on questions, acting ignorant or acting as if others are ignorant. So what is he really doing on ET? My opinion is that he's spamming it to build his traffic as per my aforementioned reasons.

Now, he can post whatever he likes in a public forum, all of the above nonsense he can post to his heart's content. I don't say he can't. So don't misunderstand my "concern". But this is a *moderated* forum. So where's the bar? Instead, this guy is being encouraged to continue by the moderator. A blind eye is seemingly turned to his blatant ploy as evident and obvious facts speaking to the ploy are dismissed and glossed over. Others are asked to keep it polite and speak to the methods, while this guy doesn't. He just posts copies here of the same stuff he posts on his site. So he continues, and so it goes. Open this door as you're doing, more come in with this type of nonsense, and soon, ET is just Raging Bullish Motley Foolish.

And that's my concern, because then my benefit from this site is diminished.

Because if I wanted junk, I wouldn't be here and posting my comments to try and preserve the gem I found. I can go to the forums where mrmarket came from and from where he brought his methods. In the short time I've been here, I've devoured a lot of threads in what I saw as an oasis of intelligence, a bank of seasoned and honed knowledge, and learned this type of information that was not being discussed or available on the Motley Raging Yahoo type sites. But I can't benefit from junk. As the ratio of junk to gems increases, my benefit from this site decreases. Too bad for me, and too bad for ET. Oh well, nothing lasts forever. OK? So now you know my concern is entirely selfish. But I may add, with all respect, I also find it incredulous that the moderator seems to miss the obvious.

Your argument for this low bar that ET encourages and is permitting here and there, is that this low bar already exists in other threads on ET? Great, then I guess we'll just have more of it as time goes on. Is that the plan?

#28     Jul 1, 2003
  9. my friends have sent me money via paypal for football bets we have made

#29     Jul 1, 2003
  10. Your site is about your picks so a logical assumption is that you are looking for contributions for what? Your looks?
    I have not been to your site and based my observation on other members saying that you are looking for contributions through paypal.

#30     Jul 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.