Mr Market Methods

Discussion in 'Journals' started by inandlong, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One thing's clear. He's not exactly causing the volume to jump on this one.

And MrMarket. The 'Skins have a terrific young QB named Patrick Ramsey. Big arm and a lot of heart.

#11     Jul 1, 2003
  2. gms

gms

HardRightEdge's 7-Bells/site disclaimer states that the listed securities are not stock picks, but the output of their filters. They warn specifically against entering those positions based solely on their being published on their site. They also state that they don't hold any of the positions mentioned.

That's a far cry from saying 'email me for my hot stock tips' from someone entering those 'hot stocks', who answers letters from others who testify that they're entering these positions based on those hot stock tips with advice about those positions, while at the same time claiming you're offering no information whatsoever in any way. No comparison. The actions speak louder than the disclaimer.

#12     Jul 1, 2003
  3. gms

gms

HardRightEdge's 7-Bells/site disclaimer states that the listed securities are not stock picks, but the output of their filters, and so they further warn specifically against entering those positions based solely on their being mentioned on their site. They also state that they don't hold any of the positions published.

That's a far cry from saying 'email me for my hot stock tips' from someone entering positions on those same 'hot stocks', where the tone is to encourage others to initiate the same trades, who answers email by providing advice about those positions, the said emails being from others stating that they're entering these positions based on those hot stock tips - while at the same time claiming you're offering no information whatsoever in any way. No comparison. The actions speak much louder than the disclaimer.

I look at that, I ask myself 'why?', I come to my conclusion.

#13     Jul 1, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

While at the same time soliciting "contributions".

Can't help but wonder why ET is so intent on providing this guy with a forum?

#14     Jul 1, 2003
  5. I really don't understand your concern gms.

There are some threads going right now, and in the past, especially in the Journals, where members are posting their selections and suggestions. Should we ban this activity? What about the chatroom? The members in there post their trades all day long. Should we stop that activity because someone might presume the trades are advice intended to promote other traders to join in? And how about the posts by individual members who say, "PM me and I'll share the details with you?" Is this to be construed as some sort of clandestine activity to engage in solicitous acts?

As for your comparison of the disclaimer by Farley and mrmarket, it is clear to me that mrmarket's picks, as with Alan, are the filtered results of his selection criteria. But there is one big difference... Alan's methods of selection are proprietary, whereas mrmarket has published the specific criteria he uses.

#15     Jul 1, 2003
  6. Many threads exist, both currently and less so, that provide a forum for those wishing to provide some sort of guidance to others re: trading. I know that you are familiar with the Keeping It Simple thread and its endeavor to provide guidance. There is no doubt in my mind that one of your goals of that thread was to provide a helpful and informative service. You did not however, ask for contributions.

Presently, the journal by gotta-trade posts both methods and selections, as does Don's openings, and Candles and Candles only.

So ET, in this case represented by me, tries to look past the messenger and focus on the message. This is something I should have practiced with another thread several months back, as you might recall. mrmarket has published his selection/filtering criteria. He posts the filtered results. Maybe his delivery grinds some members, but that wouldn't be the first time.

And as I have seen you post before, no one is forcing anyone to read the thread.

#16     Jul 1, 2003
  7. what, exactly, is your point?? How would you like for me to behave, in your perfect world?

#17     Jul 1, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

But he does.

If this is a road down which ET wants to travel, that's ET's business. But it does seem out of character.

#18     Jul 1, 2003

9. If a friend of mine wants to use Paypal to send me 5 bucks, what's wrong with that? If no one pushes the Paypal button, no one sends me money. What does that have to do with ET?

#19     Jul 1, 2003
  10. By accepting 'donations' you are in effect making your website a commercial enterprise. If one agrees with this premise, then you can say that by pointing people to your website, you are in fact advertising on ET. It doesn't matter whether or not someone can make a decision to 'donate' once they are there. Any vendor could use that same argument.

#20     Jul 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.