Mr Bush to Mr Bernanke, the night before 75 bp cut

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Digs, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Digs

Digs

Ben, Get the rates down now , f**k inflation !!!

Thursday, January 31, 2008
    Expediency
    White House officials have told us that President Bush intervened forcibly to convince an initially reluctant Federal Reserve to reduce interest rates. "There were some telephone calls from the White House to the Fed in which some very crude language was used."

Swoop, January 28th-February 3rd report
    http://cunningrealist.blogspot.com/2008/01/expediency.html

2. mokwit

mokwit

Only one step away from Nixon directing the Vietnam war right down to which bridge to blow up, or maybe that's also happening.

3. What did he say on the 16th August? 'Sell everything I've got?'

4. Hello Bearnankee

Thish ish your president speaking. Get those rates down now or i will start a war against your family you nucular terror bringing bastard. If someone says the dollar ain't no good no more tell them Bin Laden is to be blamed. Now get your scissors and cut. Show me how you shred them.

5. mokwit

mokwit

More like "You're just not getting it Mister, do I have to come round to the Fed building and stick one of mah 400 volt catte prods up your @ss until you do?"

6. DrEvil

DrEvil

According to one source, shortly after the phone call two cops were seen to visit Bernanke. Leaked from an intern source, the words were heard to come from the ensuing discussion:

"don't tase me bro ..."

7. mokwit

mokwit

Bush probably got a no redemptions email from one of his sweet deal hedge funds and realised it could affet him personally. That said, it's reassuring in some ways that he was able to take his thoughts off warmongering for a few minutes though.

8. I dont buy this.

9. mokwit

mokwit

I don't actually believe the link and its suposed sources, but I can SEIOUSLY imagine that something like this happened, albeit relayed through a third party.