moving

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hoodooman, Apr 30, 2004.

1. We just sold our house on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

My wife and I have been packing for weeks and we are probably going to need another full week to finish.

Pick up something and then put it down .

Pick up something else and put it down.

Pick up the first thing and finally put it in the box.

Pack upstairs and then pack downstairs then go upstairs and pack and then go downstairs and pack and then go up and down and up and down etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile, I'm standing around with my finger up my ass and if I make a move to put something in a box, I hear "don't touch that".

When the box is finally packed neither she nor I can remember how to label it.

Then the crap starts all over again. I am allowed to go and find an empty box as long its exactly the right size.

There is an old saying that goes, " Its the fucking you get for the fucking you got" and its apropos.

2. ive moved quite a few times in my life ...the last time in 2001..for the first time we used a full service mover and I would never do it differently....they take everything , pack it, tape it move it...cloths, dishes, pictures.....now my wife on the other hand chose to segregate her cloths and make her own boxes...but me? I sat there and drank Coors lights and watched Tv until they told me to get off the couch!!!...it cost about 1000 more to do it this way but i would never go back to the old way...plus it onlu took them about 3-4 hours to do it

3. Hm... actually replying to a "moving" thread?

Alright well, I need to get my average post number up so...

I love moving! I have not moved in over 9 years so I am due.

The thing I like about it is the transition factor, there's little that can be compared to finalizing and closing a chapter in your life then opening another more than moving.

It's exciting! If I had a company to start or get involved with again it would probably be a moving company - everything is new and always different.

I've enjoyed every move which has been about 3 or 4.

Make sure you get a pizza and some beer so you can relax and make FUN the goal - it will greatly diminish the seriousness and stress of it.

Btw, where are you moving to?

Good luck,

to