Moving to the US from the UK

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James Daniel, May 10, 2006.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

eeer,

i know the education levels are a bit low in the us - explaining your poor comprehension.

i am an englishman not a mexican. i hold a uk passport. in that passport, it has a little message from th QUEEN saying you must let me pass through without hindrance, or you will get you fat butt kicked.

did i say i wanted to immigrate? no i did not. i just said i may want to buy a place in nyc to hang out for a few months here and there (to hunt down doodoo and flush his fat head down the toilet). believe me, why on earth would i want to immigrate to the usa for when i can enjoy a far superior standard of living in europe? doh!

i must agree with the thread starter though - bliar and his ilk have fucked this country up. but moving from the fire into the frying pan is not my intention.

as for 'strip of dirt i now call home', please note that england has been around teaching the world civilisation long before your sorry trailer park was first 'liberated' from the sioux. please read up on your history before embarrassing your sorry self further.

thank you.

:)

#11     May 10, 2006
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

nope not at all.

i have had some great times in the us and have some good friends over there.

i enjoy a cheese burger and fries like anyone else - just not every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

i just dont like your current administration and the general greed (i dont like the current english one either). but nowhere is perfect. look at france for example!

like i said, i understand most americans are nothing like the people who post on chit chat a lot.

#12     May 10, 2006
  3. Our official policy is to make it nearly impossible for well-educated, productive English speakers to immigrate here. If you are a poor, uneducated, non-english speaker with no skills, our President will welcome you, we will immediately give you more rights than citizens whose ancestors built this country have, and you will be able to help yourself to free health care, schooling, lawyers, housing, food, etc. We particularly welcome illegal aliens who are pregnant and can produce a child here. Of course we will pay for everything and then give you the bonus of having your entire extended family move here and go on welfare, join gangs and demonstrate under foreign flags against our government. Is this a great country or what?

#13     May 10, 2006
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

so did you yanks get this model from us limeys, or did we get it off of you?

:confused:

#14     May 10, 2006
  5. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

"...i know the education levels are a bit low in the us - explaining your poor comprehension..."

terribly sorry if I misinterrupted your post. I'm a bit testy, we've recently had a million third-worlders marching in our streets under a foreign flag making demands of our government.

So, you might forgive me for my annoyance, if it was misunderstood, when someone sounds flippant about violating our borders.

#15     May 10, 2006
  6. You will find it suprisingly difficult to come over here legally, despite the presence of tons of illegal immigrants. If you're trading you could probably live over here as a perpetual tourist since your investment activities don't require a work visa.

If you are serious about obtaining permanent resident status you will need an immigration lawyer. It is expensive and time consuming, to be gracious about it.

NYC is hellishly expensive, but won't seem too bad compared to London prices. If you can live in the suburbs it gets a lot cheaper. I'll defer to the New Yorkers here for more detailed info. Assuming someone is going to reply with anything but insults and/or comments about immigration issues.

Traveler

#16     May 10, 2006
  7. Yeah, and it annoys the hell out of me.

Last year, a friend of mine in Israel wanted to visit me here in Illinois for a couple weeks. They denied her a travel visa, ruining our plans.

It's ok for millions of illegal aliens to drive around without insurance ( 15 mph below the speed limit in the left lane) and sponge off the U.S. social welfare services... but heaven forbid a smoking hot 22 year old Russian chick (who knows how to treat a man, unlike the majority of Chicago women, who are overweight and unsubmissive) should enter the country for two weeks on vacation.

#17     May 10, 2006
  8. I have a better idea...let him stay where he is now ; it will become Tripoli or Dubai soon...
    What time is it now ?

#18     May 10, 2006
  9. MRWSM

MRWSM

Since UK is such a close ally they should let you in with open arms, I don't see why they wouldn't, it's their loss if they don't. One note: 37k for a mother might not be so bad, our system here in the US is not that great. Our health care is going down the tubes. Large corporations keep shifting more and more cost to the employee with huge deductibles and co-pay.

I recently took my mother to the doctors and the place was empty. I normally have to wait hours to get in. I barely had a chance to sit and was called in. Then the stupid doctor bitched me out for not being there for 9 months. He seems desperate for business. What I think is happening is people's co pay and deductible keep rising so now they have to pay to go to the doctor so they are not going. Then you have a growing number losing insurance all together. When someone has to pay out of their own pocket the only time the doctor will see you is after you're dead.

#19     May 10, 2006

10. We need to go visit Israel - sounds like that place is hoppin ;-)
    And i agree about the damn illegals - in illinois it is required to have car insurance, but yet one of the things listed under my insurance is "uninsured drivers insurance" - wtf is going on!

-TheActionKid

P.S. you hit the nail right on the head about 99% of most chicago women. :mad:

#20     May 10, 2006