Moving to singapore or dubai for trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rajaalifx, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

#41     Jun 14, 2012
  2. Thanks bro. i will send you a message later for more info.

Can you please tell me the visa situation. Did you went there on visit visa and got a place to rent and now trade thru US broker or you work there for a firm or company?

#42     Jun 14, 2012
  3. trade in malaysia

#43     Jun 20, 2013
  4. I trade and travel simultaneously, basically on tourist visa's that last anywhere from 3 months to a year that you can get at any embassy or consulate for a small fee. If you need longer visas you'll most likely have to set up a business in the country, sign up to a language school or just do visa runs every 3 months or so.

I've lived all over South East Asia. It's a cheaper cost of living and my life is a permanent vacation.

Singapore and Dubai aren't cheaper than the US, it just seems that way on paper. If you want cheaper I would suggest Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia...

#44     Jun 20, 2013
  5. chimera

chimera

so you are fine trading at night times?

forget day trading!

#45     Jun 20, 2013
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Singapore and Dubai are first World countries but going to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos etc. is like going to sub-Saharan Africa those are frontier markets and a trader needs a reliable source of electricity. If cheaper is the criteria why not go to Australia or New Zealand, you'd save some on coast of living and still experience quality of life?

ps Vietnam has come a long way and is considered an emerging market but still has a very long way to go.

#46     Jun 20, 2013
  7. I trade the opens so yes, part of my day is night trading. Where I am now the US open is 9:30pm, so I'm usually trading from 9:30pm to midnight. But you can also trade the Euro or Asian market if you want better hours.

#47     Jun 20, 2013
  8. This isn't necessarily true. Although some areas have sketchy internet and electricity, you don't have to stay outside of the main cities. If you're in a city your internet/electricity will be comparable to the US.

I have battled these issues in the past but that's when I'm outside of the main areas and focused more on traveling than trading.

You would want to protect yourself though. All of my orders are server-side and I always have a phone that's able to make international calls to my trade desk in the rare case something did go wrong.

#48     Jun 20, 2013
  9. cmb

cmb Guest

I guess Italy should be thrown into the discussion. warm weather, ive heard its a bit cheaper then the rest of europe.

I lived in france for 6 years. Outside of paris is really affordable. Keep in mind that the normal class french person makes between 1500-2000 a month. College professors average around 2000- 2500 those who I met.

I went into the french consulate and submitted a visa application for a 1 year stay. I showed them 20k dollars plus health insurance, they gave it to me with no problem. Then I renewed it in my prefecture.

I think the residency visa is easier to obtain in Italy, plus the cost of living is cheaper compared to france.

Then on the eastern side of europe, if you dont mind a bit of cold weather...Czech republic has some of the fastest internet in the world, and its really cheap to live there. I read a blog post that someone makes 875 euros a month, and lives a nice life in Prague.

Prefer south america?, Paraguay and Uruguay have very easy residence requirements...

#49     Jun 21, 2013
  10. Don't forget to factor in the hidden costs of not living in a free country. If you disclose corruption, offend someone with insider government connections, have a speck of cannabis on your shoes as you go through airport security, express non-conformist political opinions, or make jokes about the president, then you could find yourself banged up for months or even years in overcrowded 3rd world jail conditions.

And that's just Chicago...

#50     Jun 21, 2013