Moving to singapore or dubai for trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rajaalifx, Jun 7, 2012.

1. the other solution to avoid taxes is like someone said "travelling "
    and staying under the radar of the emigration police, in many European countries you can do that without problems, if you are young and don't mind living like a student , living with roommates to avoid having utility bills and a footprint, then you can do it.
    Not an option for someone serious.
    As for Monaco, it's oly a true tax haven for people who don't work or have no business there, otherwise there is a 20% tax and social security /pension like everywhere else.

#21     Jun 12, 2012
  2. Im not looking to avoid taxes or live life backpacking.

I just need a place where i dont hve to be awake at night during asian and european hours. Moving to europe is too expensive and Africa is pretty unsafe. ha ha. So im trying to find a place in southeast asia. Ofcourse i dont want to move to an expensive place like tokyo but neither do i want to move to hanoi or combodia. Money is not tat big of an issue. Like i mentioned in above post my budget is $60K. So far ive found tats a good amount to live modestly in dubai or bangkok.

#22     Jun 12, 2012
  3. gmst

gmst

You mentioned that you are Indian, why not move to Delhi or Bangalore or some other big city - maybe some cold place in India (read Himalayas). I am sure Bangalore offers a multinational culture. I find it really odd that you would consider Thailand but ignore India. If you go to India, you also get close to all your friends/relatives compared to being in a completely new place like Thailand (no disrespect intended). I mean Thailand or for that matter any other SEAsian country is unlike US which is a melting pot of so many different nationalities. I am sure you would find it culturally difficult to stay in a country like Thailand. Dubai/Singapore yes you should be ok.

Also, I am sure with 60k you can live comfortably in India.

#23     Jun 13, 2012
  4. I'm flirting with Dubai for quite some time, the time zone is just perfect for trading.

Here I found an interesting video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mY3mGb2kz8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#24     Jun 13, 2012
  5. EEUT84

EEUT84

i traded in singapore for awhile. i quite liked it, and there were resources there for those who traded NY hours.

i would just go on a tourist visa and sublet from someone. take a day trip up to malaysia once every three months to renew your visa

#25     Jun 13, 2012
  6. kandal

kandal

Singapore is not an option on $60K yearly in my opinion. It would cost more to take only a room in a decent condo in Singapore than to rent an entire one for yourself in Kuala Lumpur. You can buy a car there (very expensive, taxis are cheap) and it shouldn't be a problem with 2 months deposit to rent a very nice condo which will have excellent facilities.

#26     Jun 13, 2012
  7. Paddler

Paddler

Watch out for the strict laws in Singapore.

You could be hanged to death if you were "suspected" to carry (or being planted to carry) more than 30 gram of drugs or bankrobbery or kidnapping.

You could be jailed and canned for severed criminal offences such as "unnatural" sex acts including oral, anal and gay sex. :D Overstay could be jailed and canned too.

I am not kidding. Finish watching the video at the attached link. It is brutal. Think carefully. LOL

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c9_1304013159

#27     Jun 13, 2012
  8. JB3

JB3

^He's a trader, not a criminal. LOL.

As long as you are not planning of drug trafficking or doing stupid things in the public, you should be fine in Singapore. Singapore is probably one of the safest countries in the world.

My advice to the OP is to take a trip to Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand for vacation, and see how he likes the places. If the OP is Indian, I think he will be more used to the Spices of SE Asia instead of Dubai.

#28     Jun 13, 2012
  9. I take it the "visa runs" are well tolerated by the gov't and work like clockwork or at least 90% of the time?

#29     Jun 13, 2012
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Dubai and Singapore are not cheaper. You can get a temporary stay visa to any country as long as there are enough $ in your bank account. If I were you I'd also consider London, more cosmopolitan, close to everywhere, larger trading and finance center than Dubai and Singapore combined. $50-60k is not nearly enough for any of these places.

#30     Jun 13, 2012