moving to NYC

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lorenzo-vi-, May 10, 2005.

1. many thanks to all for your thoughts.
    however, university of padua is considered one of the best among italian universities. unfortunately is not a private one (read no money) so the post-graduation contacts are limited.
    i don't know if i'm tough enough for working in NYC yet, but i've learnt that i must try to do something if i want to know.
    nobody has written about visa ... even if some company would be set to hire me this might be the biggest problem, doesn't it?
    ciao;)

#11     May 11, 2005
  2. If you can find a company to hire you, they'll get you an H-1 visa which shouldn't be a big problem. Getting the visa itself is not difficult but the company has to see something extra in you to wait and pay for your visa. I suggest that you enter US with a tourist visa, rent a small place to live and then start applying for jobs. I don't think companies will fly you over to NYC for an interview. Another option is to find yourself an American girlfriend, make her fall in love with you and then come to US with the fiance visa :)

#12     May 11, 2005
  3. maybe i've found an apartment in NYC just today. i'll be there from june the 1st and i'll stay for 2 months. i hope to have some interview during this time. another problem would be the season: is anyone set to hire during the summer season? should i move on september?
    ciao;)

#13     May 11, 2005