Moving to NewYork, any advice?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JdhJon, Mar 4, 2008.

1. theowls

theowls

Who do you think you are coolweb? Haven't you got anything better to do than come on here and knock some guy who is trying to make something of himself? If the daytrading doesn't work out I imagine this guy would be happy earning a living doing the work of a Mexican. Get a life loser you are just one of the idiots on this board who are bitter towards anyone who pictures themselves as a successful trader. Everybody has to start somewhere in the trading world so give the guy a break!

#31     Mar 10, 2008
  2. my advice...steer clear of $5500/hr. hookers :)

#32     Mar 10, 2008
  3. Get a piece down by the shipyards. should'nt cost more than a C-note.

#33     Mar 10, 2008
  4. heh nicely done, never get tired of brits' humor...

#34     Mar 10, 2008
  5. I hear NY is looking for a new Governor. :D

#35     Mar 10, 2008
  6. Its perceptive of you to know I am rich, yes you should be listening attentively to what I say because unlike all the other people who speaks from dreams.
    I speak reality.

Reality hurts, get with it.

-------
    I came into this business with a lot of money, and a lot of free time (2-3 years with absolutely no pressure to make any sort of money anytime this decade or next) to find what works in trading, the ratio of you making it without the lottery ticket help of some trader who found god and wants to help the unforuntnate.

You my friend have a 1 in 1000 chance of making a living in daytrading. Might as well stay at home

-----

your wit and humour isn't going to make you any money in the real world, you ain't a comedian .

-------

you want to make money? have some passion , loser.
    not "decided to come trade for a living cause I thought it was a great hobby"

Trading is not a hobby, its not something you dabble like a model airplane. You've already been dogeared as the losing 99% before you even started.

#36     Mar 10, 2008

7. I heard it was $4300 :D , but some of that went to clear up past debt.

#37     Mar 11, 2008
  8. JdhJon

JdhJon

I don't know what to say, If I have known you were rich I would have realised you weren't being rude at all. Sorry.

You remind me then, of me now. I hope one day I will become as rich and as encouraging to people like me then as you have been.

You don't even know me!! How do you know I'm not passionate?

Listen, what part of my thread ever suggested that I wanted to do this as a hobby. What part of my thread suggested that I thought I wasn't in the '99%'. I dont expect to walk into trading and start making money. I'm sure, if you read back, that you will see I wanted to get a TRAINING position. I'm sure this entails paying the market a little before the market pays me. anyway, thanks for great.........help.

#38     Mar 11, 2008
  9. mate don't know where you're hailing from, and haven't read all the postings, but me & the wife are going to NY via Canada get some real training in Canada, then move across,
    cheers

#39     Mar 11, 2008
  10. just realised you are from , i've got a job in Canada, prop trading if you need more info let me know
    cheerio

#40     Mar 11, 2008