Moving to LA. Looking to join a Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rostafunk, Jul 20, 2009.

1. rostafunk

rostafunk

I am a Former IT guy turned Musician. After tearing up the music scene for 8 years full-time in Nashville, I decided to throw my hat into the trading ring. I have been actively trading my own account for 6 months now (Full-time, every day), and although I am doing well, I am planning on moving to LA and would like to get a job at a prop firm to gain industry experience, and apply my computer/trading knowledge to make a ton of money.

Does anyone know the names of any places in LA that I could check out once I get into town in Aug and maybe submit a resume to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
    -Jason

2. sure i think there is a junk bond outfit in beverly hills.. you should google milken..good luck
    if thats a dead end try boesky

3. 6pst6

6pst6

Assent, Cy Group (remote only), Mazel, and there might be a few in Orange County

4. i think most prop. firms are a huge waste of time, and heard horror stories about getting monies returned.

i would re-think this plan.

5. rostafunk

rostafunk

Thanks so much for the leads... I also found one called EWT trading who I applied to online.

6. Assent use to be a fairly decent place but I only know from 97-98 or so.

What's the latest on them?