Moving to Florida - Boca Raton Or Miami/South Beach or ???

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by CPTrader, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Ah but El Cubano.....if you do have the money isn't it the best? I'm on the water on the beach and while the lifestyle is expensive now, I would pay several times that to enjoy the same elsewhere.....(same meaning close proximity to a city where everything goes)

#41     Sep 23, 2003
  2. ElCubano,
    Spyderman mentioned several places. Take a look at all Spyderman's posts and give an opinoin on those places - a word or a couple of words to describe each place.

#42     Sep 23, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I would suggest avoiding Miami at all cost. It is one of the most crime infested, drug infested, corrupt cities not only in the US but in the world. My suggestion for Florida would be the Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater area or this might seem like a little shocker but Gainesville. I spent 3 years there going to school. It was named the most livable city in the US a few years back. A lot of graduates there never leave. You have great sports, lots of cultural activities, great bars and restaurants, young population, great hospitals, and very affordable homes and apts. Not to mention the women in that town are genetic freaks they are so hot. I mean seriously, you would think it was a government experiment or something, reproducing the most attractive girls in the country.

#43     Sep 23, 2003
  4. #44     Sep 23, 2003
  5. How 'bout Palm Beach (for a late 20's single guy)?

I am surprised I havent read anything about it yet (or I missed it).. It is near Boca if I am not mistaken, so maybe people are lumping the 2 together?

Is it a good balance b/w the hipness of S. Beach and the quieter side of Boca?

#45     Sep 23, 2003
  6. Spyderman,
    The Punta Cana Bash looks real cool, everyone seems to be having a good time. I like it like that. Some pretty girls too.

#46     Sep 23, 2003
  7. reid....where are you moving FROM? and do you like it where you are? I ask cause knowing that, I can probably suggest where in florida you will like and be most comfortable.

#47     Sep 23, 2003
  8. Spyderman, I'll take the liberty and answer ths question, though it's not directed to me. I live in NYC and love NYC for its diveristy,entertainment but hate the weather, high costs and at times the bustle of NYC does get a little bit overwhelming, thus my desire to possibly relocate to Florida. So where in Florida would you suggest?

Thanks.

#48     Sep 23, 2003
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Hey Spy,

Cruised through that quaint little shopping district in Surfside (I think off 96th) a few months back while driving to Bal Harbour Shops. Very underrated area. I can absolutely see the allure of living on the north end of Miami Beach. If South Beach is analogous to Greenwich Village, then your area is the equivalent to the Upper East Side.

http://town.surfside.fl.us/images/street_scenes_03.jpg

http://town.surfside.fl.us/images/publix_01.jpg

#49     Sep 23, 2003
  10. Just my experience: New yorkers are mostly scattared from Palm Beach south.....here is how I would look at the area....driving south....
    I have found the majority of NewYorkers I know split on liking Boca or Miami*(see below), then Ft. lauderdale........then lessor percentages Palm Beach, Sarasota, etc. Palm Beach is older money.....very very nice....mostly quiet......Jupiter, laid back....safe.....monied area......
    ....the Boca area is a real mix...lots of OLDER folk but young folk too...a large town really....beautiful beach....clean.....a safe town for sure by US standards.....I like the towns around it....Delray Beach to the north....Hillsboro, deerfield beach to the south......"beachie towns" laid back....then comes Ft. Lauderdale.... pretty cool along the beaches and areas East of US1....now you are getting crowded and Urban.....now the crime rate starts rising! Between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami Beach are the towns of Hollywood, Hallandale, Golden Beach, Sunny isles beach and aventura.....MAGNET areas for new yorkers! Then Bal Harbor, Surfside and Miami Beach........all but Miami beach are relatively safe.....upper middle to downright rich folks.....living the good life along the beach. Miami Beach itself is less safe cause that is the hub, the engine, the tourist and foreign draw . also larger pockets of working people .. more hispanic....some parts 60% or more..... Farther south and over the causeways are downtown, Brickell, coral gables coconut grove.....areas mostly populated bythe locals.......not you newbies......oh yes one other town: key biscayne....a very safe....upper class island community......invaded on the weekends by the college kids and Miamians from every walk of life.....a way way cool place to visit!

*notice every town I talked about hugs the ocean and intercoastal waterway.....thats what makes these towns the best......I would never live inland down here!

#50     Sep 23, 2003