Moving to Florida - Boca Raton Or Miami/South Beach or ???

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by CPTrader, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ETs,

I want to move to Florida - for quality of life reasons: better weather ( I need SUNSHINE!!!), water sports, lower cost of living, e.t.c. I'm considering Boca Raton and Miami Beach. Any suggestions? Any tips? Any Ideas from ETs who trade from there? How do both cities Boca Raton and Miami compare to each other? Any other recommended cities in Florida or elsewhere (within or outside of the U.S.) for a young trader looking for good quality of life?

Many Thanks.

CPTrader

2. lindq

lindq

I spent 5 years in Boca and Delray Beach as a single guy. A great time. Boca and Miami are completely different scenes. Miami is extremely diverse ethnically. Very latin and crowded. Majority population is Cuban. Boca is majority Norheast retirees. Very polished and upscale. Also now becoming crowded. You might want to check out Delray Beach, just north of Boca. A bit more laid back and mixed population and ages, but still within driving distance of Miami, Orlando, Vero, Stuart, etc. Fantastic watersports in all those areas. The only drawback to the area is lack of professional opportunities in general, if you don't continue trading. But if you are able to be independent, it is a good scene provided you don't tire of the winter crowds and summer humidity. No place in the country is perfect anymore, everything has drawbacks. But in general, it is one of the best areas. I suggest you start by renting a condo or apartment in Boca or Delray, and go from there.

3. jms2828

jms2828

look at New Smyrna Beach too, if you dont need an office to go to (you are trading from home)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.