Moving offshore

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kashirin, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Hi Mvic,

I think you are dead right regarding RE pricing vs. incomes. I live on the beach in banks penninsula. Got in cheap, but interest rates are rocketing up and will likely go up another 25bp this week. Thank goodness mortgage is locked in for a coupe more years :cool:

Best regards,
    MK

#121     Apr 24, 2007
  2. Lot of traders are talking about various countries to live & trade US markets.
    Apart from taxation,cost of living etc,I want to highlight the positive & negative aspects of time zone in conditioning your trading alertness/trading response.(for full time day traders)

I have lived in Far East for a very long time (Hong Kong/Singapore)(10 years)
    US markets start at 9.30pm (summer time)
    It is really a killer to sleep daily at 4AM to 5AM.
    I have also lived in California for quite some time.6.30AM-1.30pm trading hours was not bad .Since you need to sit infront of the pc at 5.30AM,you got to sleep early.
    Anything East of HK time zone like Japan/Australia/NZ is a killer time zone for US trading.
    (Phuket/Cebu/Indoneisia etc are all SIN/HK time zone)
    If you can stand daily grind up to 5am,then you proceed.
    I think London time zone will be the best.9.30EST+5=2.30pmto 9.30pm for US trading .
    Right now Iam living in a time zone where I start at 7pm (summer time.In winter, Newyork opens at 8pm local time) & end at 1.30-2.30 AM)
    Over years it really gets you.

#122     Apr 24, 2007
  3. Pita

Pita

Well that depends how much time one spends trading.
    From Thailand I get up between 9 and 10 a.m. Trading (Currencies) starts for me at 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. 8.30 to 10 I trade ER, Bonds and Notes, overlapping with the grains between 9.30 and 10.30 and I am done. Many times I dont trade Mondays and eventually I skip Fridays. In case I trade stocks I do it from the daily or weekly chart where not much if any intraday watching is required.
    For somenone needs to be there all the time during markets are open it might be a different story of course.

P.

#123     Apr 24, 2007