Moving into an apartment as a trader...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JMowery1987, May 23, 2006.

1. Nearing 2 years ago I got one for christmas and have been paying my mom for it. We did the family share plan thing.
    The contract ends this december and I'm going to get my own contract *if I can, don't know if they will reject me because of no credit either??? lol*

I guess the credit card will have to do.

Buy stuff on credit......... I guess I'll have to do that then.

Job related contacts? My sister's husband owns an electrical business, i've never worked for him though. I don't know if that qualifies, but I've never had a job besides trading.

#51     May 23, 2006
  2. You need to build up some credit, or it will be very hard to buy a house or car in the future even if you do make some good money in the market.

When I talked to a CIA advisor, they told me I needed more (Not in terms of good or bad) credit, and better job listings. Try to go out and get some jobs...Not just one, but a couple and make some contracts. This will help you in the long run.

When you walk into a bank for a loan, all they care about is the job you have.
    -Kastro

#52     May 23, 2006
  3. Quah

Quah

Because they don't want to have to be committed to you for an entire year. What if they want to evict you? What if they sell to another management company 6 months after you move in? Etc., etc.

They want you to pay each month.

#53     May 23, 2006
  4. I have heard of apartments letting you pay for a full year. This happens a lot when people overseas come here to live.

#54     May 23, 2006
  5. Isn't that what a lease is for?

They can't legally evict me anyways unless I do something to break the lease, like not pay or something.... right?

What is the point of signing a lease then?

#55     May 23, 2006
    #56     May 23, 2006
  7. patch227

patch227

F hell ........

What can I say

#57     May 23, 2006
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

For the last time, you cannot pre-pay apartment leases 12 months ahead of time if you have bad credit. Yes, if you have good credit you can pre-pay your lease. The reason for this lies in the Fair Housing Act which is searchable under google. If a landlord lets a tenant move in with substandard credit and turns down another tenant with substandard credit who does not offer to pre-pay their lease and it just so happens they are black, mexican, jewish, arab, etc, then that landlord is f*cked!

So to sum up, you must have the income and credit requirements to move into the apartment. If you do, then you have several options. If you don't meet those requirements, you cannot sneak in the back door so to speak. Tenants have to qualify for the space one way or another. And having lots of cash with bad credit will not qualify you.

#58     May 23, 2006
  9. Thanks for explaining.

It's all confusing.

I'm going to have to get a credit card.... that's going to be an adventure all in itself.

Thanks for the help though.

#59     May 23, 2006
  10. jmowery,

Why dont you just go out and TRY and get a place to live, asking everything on a bb is like paper trading, just get out there and knock on doors,man. Thats real live experience...if you keep asking questions all you will get is opinions. get out tonight and start looking.

P.S. you could always stick an ad in a newspaper, say your a gigilo or somethin, you might get free board....

#60     May 23, 2006