Moving into an apartment as a trader...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JMowery1987, May 23, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

"that is a remark one would expect from a
    "wee wee"' man. we know the kid better now. not that he deserves any slack but this time around he is asking a practical question.

in the past you were able to get a credit account from capital one and a line of credit = to the amount of money you put up.

#41     May 23, 2006
  2. Girls... are not a problem, especially when you live near VA Beach and there are several night clubs, how can I resist???

EDIT:
    Actually, let me rephrase the above. GIRLS can be a BIG problem, because then I have to deal with their issues too
    End Edit

I'm actually more focused when not putting girls in the equation :)

And too many posts? C'mon, some people average 10+ posts a day, and I don't even think post count is important... I'd actually love for mine to be reset to 0 if possible :D:p

#42     May 23, 2006
  3. Cash is king. He puts up 6-12 months rent upfront, few will deny him...

#43     May 23, 2006
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

find property for rent by owner, if you present yourself well and you show willingness to put down more than just 1 month deposit you should be able to rent it, 12 months sound over the top. But if you want to rent some place with more amenities running by some big company, you could rent it thru some rental agent. As long as you show that you can handle it and you have nothing in your background to hide you can live where ever you want to live.

#44     May 23, 2006
  5. Develope some contacts. Mark someone that rents out apartments, and make him/her an asset. Then when the time is right, make the move. Know where he/she lives, works...Run into them, ask them for something, or anything to get their attention, talk, be nice, but not too nice. Then, down the road, when they know you are looking for a place, they will help you out.

Opps, thats the spy in me. Damm CSIS :)

-Kastro
    P.S. A job might help

#45     May 23, 2006
  6. Quah

Quah

No regular apartment complex is going to accept 12 months payment up front.

Try it and you will see they won't do it.

#46     May 23, 2006
  7. You could always pay rent at your parents place, and block off your room/trading office and claim it is a home office and get a tax break.

Just a thought....

#47     May 23, 2006
  8. This is what I do now.....

It's just not a good environment to be in, and I really need to get out of here, the payment of an apartment will easily offset the stress and stuff I have to deal with living around here.

The room is tiny, and I have removed several things to try and make up for that, the noise around here is insane, the distractions are plentiful and around here, I'm usually more away from the house than in it.

#48     May 23, 2006
  9. Why is that Quah? Money isn't good anymore? :D

#49     May 23, 2006
  10. Do you have any contacts? Job related?

How do you have no credit rating? Don't you have a cell phone?

I might suggest getting a credit card.

#50     May 23, 2006