Moving into an apartment as a trader...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JMowery1987, May 23, 2006.

1. Josh009

Josh009

Hello, Pot? This is the Kettle. You're black.

Seriously though, as far a developing a credit history, get bills, pay them, repeat. credit cards are good, auto lease or finance is better. cell phones won't show up on your credit report unless you quit paying.

#131     May 25, 2006
  2. getting an apartment might put more stress on your trading sense as you said your self, "I dont have a real job", which might force you to trade on bad days to come up with the rent.

Something to think about.

- nathan

#132     May 25, 2006
  3. I agree. You're better off trading from a cardboard box on the corner of 45th and lexington. That way, you will be stress free and will be able to trade with a clear mind.....:)

My advice: don't get an apartment......live on the street....

!@#$%^???

#133     May 30, 2006
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Pure nonsense. No rational landlord in the world will turn down a large advance cash payment.

To the original poster - without a credit history, you'll generally have to pay more in advance. 12 months is excessive, I would try for something like 3 months advance payment. Just make sure that you have enough cash in a savings account to be able to pay the full amount for the entire length of the lease.

#134     Mar 17, 2007
  5. pamjoey

pamjoey

Ignore this person, and anyone else who says you have to have credit, to rent an apartment. They dont know what they are talking about.

I have owned rental property since 1996, and we never ask anyone about credit. I have also rented commercial property, where I was the tennant, since 1989, and no one has ever asked me about my credit. All they want to know is, if you have the deposit, and a few months rent.

As far as the job goes, if you are successfully trading, maybe, you can let them look at your account, to show them that you have some assets. This will probably good enough, for most landlords.

Good luck

#135     Mar 17, 2007
  6. Surdo

Surdo

Did anyone notice this thread is 10 months old and The OP has not posted since August '06?

el surdo

#136     Mar 17, 2007
  7. Just them to call your firm, if you are profitable they will put in a good word for you.

If you are not profitable, then you wouldn't want to pay rent every month anyway.

#137     Mar 17, 2007
  8. pamjoey

pamjoey

hey surdo,
    yeah, i noticed it, after i had already posted. Guess, i am not awake, yet LOL

#138     Mar 17, 2007
  9. pamjoey

pamjoey

hey surdo,
    yeah, i noticed it, after i had already posted. Guess, i am not awake, yet LOL

#139     Mar 17, 2007