Moving Forward: Your Opinion of ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Aug 21, 2013.

How Should ET Move Foward from here?

1. ET needs to implement lots of new features, like Facebook, LinkedIn and other social sites.

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. ET should incrementally add new features based solely on user feedback.

48 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. ET should get rid of features like Books/Brokers/Software Ratings and stick to forums only.

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. ET has been great for the last 15 years just like it is and should be left alone.

58 vote(s)
    45.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That would absolutely destroy the integrity of the site. I don't like TA, so TA folks would ban me from their threads --- this is just one example. Ideas need to be challenged. If not everyone stagnates and the site dies. Controversy is the lifeblood of forums. Killing controversy kills the site. Surf

#51     Aug 21, 2013
  2. > I used to use a forum that required users to post something of substance

A simple, easy improvement would be to ban those who post "+1" or similar. Total waste of bandwidth and reader attention.

#52     Aug 21, 2013
  3. sheda

sheda

If one does not like TA, in the specific case presented they can explain its flaws and investigate ways to over come them or explain viable alternatives accessible to the members posting in that topic, there are useful ways to challenge ideas.

#53     Aug 21, 2013
  4. dev

dev

Baron, according to marketsurfer i'm not allowed an opinion since I dont have 1000 posts, trade Fx, use old software and among other things, use some very classic trading principles, including TA.

And then the guy claims the site is stale??

No, just some of the permanent campers are stale.
    Mouldy, even.

Recommend immediate but slow execution of offending posters, using rusty instruments to emphasise the irony.

Seriously though, who would come here and post anything useful (and therefore hard-earned) with clowns like that around?
    He doesn't deserve the benefit of my experience.

#54     Aug 21, 2013
  5. dev

dev

Another thing.
    In a particular thread about Fx, (and this is the rare occasion where marketsurfers opinion actually has some validity) - a bunch of idiots attacked a guy who ran a small hedge fund.

The idiots were busy calling him a scammer or liar, and you then suspended his account, at least temporarily.

Naturally, that guy decided your site wasnt worth bothering with.

A respectful, intelligent poster with good market experience.. gone.
    In his place, 5 idiots.
    Championing idiocy.

Worth thinking about.

#55     Aug 21, 2013
  6. They would likely ban you not for disliking TA but for your approach to arguing. Using terms like "TA brigade", "basement trolls" and other pejoratives don't exactly foster healthy debate. Two TA traders, NoDoji and Cornix have been nothing but nice to you and this is what you give them in return. And you wonder why.

Perhaps if you worked on your social skills, things might be different for you. Food for though, Rod. Damn, did it again. Sorry, I mean Surf.

#56     Aug 21, 2013
  7. FXforex

FXforex

Simple solution ..... Don't reply to those threads, trolls need acknowledgement and will quickly disappear if they have no audience. And you never did provide a link to a thread that would benefit from your idea.

#57     Aug 21, 2013
  8. dev

dev

Not wanting to be all negative, there's clearly some good people here too, and I'm happy that I made contact with them through ET.

#58     Aug 21, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You seem like a nice guy. Tell you what, you can have a thousand of mine to push you over smurfs line in the sand. :)

Admittedly I'm not normally big on change either, especially change just for the sake of change.
    That said, I won't cry about any majority supported changes Baron elects to implement.

Jesus H fucking Christ smurf. Does every God damn thread on this site have to be about you?

#59     Aug 21, 2013
  10. dev

dev

Cheers lucrum!
    I would offer to pay for them, but that would make you a vendor.. :eek:

#60     Aug 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.