Moving Forward: Your Opinion of ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Aug 21, 2013.

How Should ET Move Foward from here?

1. ET needs to implement lots of new features, like Facebook, LinkedIn and other social sites.

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. ET should incrementally add new features based solely on user feedback.

48 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. ET should get rid of features like Books/Brokers/Software Ratings and stick to forums only.

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. ET has been great for the last 15 years just like it is and should be left alone.

58 vote(s)
    45.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please don't take offense, but a high signal to noise ratio is what you want. Comments like that are the "Jason Kidd" of ET moments. Like, "we're going to turn this team around 360-degrees".

So yeaaah, that's a problem. The intellectual vacuum represented by the misuse of cliches.

#41     Aug 21, 2013
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

You've done a great job with this site Baron. I'd leave it the way it is. But then again I hate change...peace

#42     Aug 21, 2013
  3. Uhhh, aren't you yourself a serial Surf-thread troll? :confused:

#43     Aug 21, 2013
  4. Rod, it's very sweet how you always defend Surf to no end (almost as if you are one and the same, like twin brothers), but let EPrado speak his peace.

#44     Aug 21, 2013
  5. EPrado

EPrado

Surf, if you want to talk with me please post under your normal name. Not an alias. I will be glad to converse with you.

#45     Aug 21, 2013
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Yeah...this is the type of stuff which really hurts this place and kills credibility. I think my idea is a good one. Then threads won't be polluted by people and their aliases. Hopefully Baron can do something like this. Would definitely bring some quality back to this place.

If not I'll still look on here from time to time as there are some good articles posted on here.

#46     Aug 21, 2013
  7. sheda

sheda

The creator of a thread having control over who posts within would be one of the most powerful things for change on this site, it is not a case of "I do not agree with you so you are banned" its for those who can not be reasoned with and have already made up their minds, which derails topics and it goes around in a circle for the next 200 pages.

I used to use a forum that required users to post something of substance no matter the intention of their post, even if its just a question if they do not put thought into it and spit it out in a single sentence they are gone, might sound harsh yet it was the most content filled user friendly site I ever had the pleasure of using.

They had a chitchat section for a laugh and whatever, the actual main rooms were treated as places of value though and crap would not be tolerated.

Maybe a step to far for this site due to the moderation requirement however thats where self moderation comes in and the authors character will be exposed, those who like to mess around and can not stand any counter opinion, soon enough no one will invest time reading their topics, those who are here to have meaningful debate and solves problems, well shall know the quality of everything within a topic under their name is Worth the time.

#47     Aug 21, 2013

8. Looks like the surf troll r raskoinikov has another alias or twin eprado--- Why don't you and your alias stop trolling surf. Doesn't it get old?

#48     Aug 21, 2013
  9. Totally false, ask the mods, Rod. Sorry, I mean Surf.

#49     Aug 21, 2013
  10. I'm not even in the same country as Rod. We are completely different people unlike you and your multi aliases. surf

#50     Aug 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.