Moving Forward: Your Opinion of ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Aug 21, 2013.

How Should ET Move Foward from here?

1. ET needs to implement lots of new features, like Facebook, LinkedIn and other social sites.

10 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. ET should incrementally add new features based solely on user feedback.

48 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. ET should get rid of features like Books/Brokers/Software Ratings and stick to forums only.

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. ET has been great for the last 15 years just like it is and should be left alone.

58 vote(s)
    45.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "ET needs to implement lots of new features, like Facebook, LinkedIn and other social sites. "

Perhaps there should be a "CTA Corner" here on ET soonest possible, before the CTA Forum on LinkedIn overtaking our "CTA Corner" on ET too much. :D:

#21     Aug 21, 2013
  2. Flawed thinking, because it could be these "1000" post posters that have created this environment that needs fixing in the first place. Perhaps those who don't participate, don't do so because of the "1000" post posters and some of their nonsense. Perhaps these people might have the BEST idea as to how to move forward here.

Everyone should vote, except perhaps people who just signed up this month or last.

#22     Aug 21, 2013
  3. We could even have Marty himself host a QandA or whatever. We NEED content.

#23     Aug 21, 2013
  4. Why are you trolling me? Are you my evil twin or doppelgänger? I'm getting tired of it. Surf:mad:

#24     Aug 21, 2013
  5. I'm sorry, did you start this thread? I'm not trolling you, I just disagree with your opinion. This site is just as much mine as it is yours, or have you forgotten that.

#25     Aug 21, 2013
  6. igotcash

igotcash Guest

Quote from igotcash:
    I would get rid of software and book reviews on <b>home page</b>.

-------------------

definitely KEEP it, just free up the home page for more relevant threads.

i am sure the page views don't warrant such a big part of the home page.

#26     Aug 21, 2013
  7. Everything on this planet changes so the site must change with the needs of the users.

Following up on surf's suggestions, perhaps the poster with the higher number should buy the site. (Now there is ego at work.) We could have a list of post counts and the first one to 100000 is the wiener .... er I mean winner.

Some people say a lot with a few posts and some just say a lot!

#27     Aug 21, 2013
  8. Sorry, but you apparently don't have a high enough count to disagree yet. :(

LOL

#28     Aug 21, 2013
  9. FXforex

FXforex

I would integrate Facebook into ET.

• Add a Facebook Like icon to each ET post or thread, so when someone likes a post it is posted to their wall for all their friends to see.
    • Allow Facebook users who are not ET members to post onto ET. This is very common with the media sights so people can easily comment on stories. Scroll to the bottom in this example:

http://www.theprovince.com/news/exp...d+dead+after+working+hours/8813204/story.html

#29     Aug 21, 2013
  10. lwlee

lwlee

Ugh, Facebook. If you got to jump on the bandwagon, then you got to. Not a big fan of FB, except if it makes me moolah :D

#30     Aug 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.