Moving Forward: The 5 star rating system

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FXforex, Aug 27, 2013.

1. FXforex

FXforex

The 5 star rating system is prone to abuse so get rid of it. End of story.

2. Agreed. But....does anyone actually look at it to determine whether they will click on the thread? Personally, I don't.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't care one way or the other. But how in the world is it "abused"?

4. FXforex

FXforex

• You can rate your own threads.
    • You can change your rating.
    • You can create multiple ID's and rate a thread more than once.
    • The followers of an ET member can gang up on you and give low ratings or high ratings to their leader. This only applied to Atticus and since he is gone that problem is solved

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't see "abuse" in any of these.
    This one maybe, but not the others.

6. BSAM

BSAM

The 5 star rating system is one of the biggest jokes on the website.
    Should be abolished.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

What makes you say that?

[​IMG]

8. BSAM

BSAM

It's actually well known.

9. There is actually someone on this site that follows ALL of my posts and one stars me with several accounts. If you look in economics where people generally do not rate peoples posts, You will see everything I have posted, is one starred. I notice other people too that have perfectly good topics getting 1 starred also no matter what they post or where they post it. I've noticed other people getting 1 starred on everything they post (sure some deserve the 1 star ratings, but some don't) Especially if its a legitimate topic. This has only happened in the last 4 or 5 months.

10. FXforex

FXforex

Lets use Barons Moving Forward: Your Opinion of ET thread as an example how bad the rating system is.

• So far that thread has 181 votes with a 2.83 out of 5 rating. That's 56.6% and would be considered an F in school.
    • The founder of ET gets an F for one of his threads. LOL
    • That thread is dominated by less than 10 members, yet it gets 181 votes. Wouldn't it be better if the other 171 voters would reply to the OP with some feedback instead of giving his thread an F?
    • How many of those 181 votes are from the same IP address?

#10     Aug 28, 2013