Moving Average

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jgadefelth, May 27, 2005.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

No.

You've been given about a half dozen decent ideas in this thread alone and apparently you still aren't satisfied. If you're sitting around waiting for somebody to drop a Holy Grail in your lap, my advice is 'don't hold your breath'.

#41     May 31, 2005

2. OK, he has waited long enough and has proven his worth.

Give him the Holy Grail.

Now he can easily trade his way to fame and fortune with no hard work at all.

#42     May 31, 2005
  3. Ho Has stept on your toos?

Just looking for some idees and try to disscus them and improve them perhaps. I am i believer of simplicity and vhy should anyone use somthing difficult when he or she can get the same result whit somthing mutch easyer?

Regards

#43     Jun 1, 2005
  4. :D

#44     Jun 1, 2005

5. The half a dozen good ideas he refers to are pretty simple. What exactly are you looking for? Sometimes a thing is reduced down over the years to its simplest form. You can use it, or spend years looking for something simpler.

#45     Jun 1, 2005
  6. I whant different strategys that i can try on my on.
    if you can get a better result by change a little bit but still have it simple it is fine + a like to see what other use in there trading. I think you can never have enough of good advise.

Regards

#46     Jun 1, 2005
  7. dottom

dottom

I'd add to that list from my own system:

Up (trending)
    Up (chop)
    Sideways (no volatility)
    Sideways (chop)
    Down (trending)
    Down (chop)

Each mode of market behavior requires different trading strategies. The trick is to detect which mode you're in and when the mode has shifted.

If you focus on the market mode, it doesn't matter if you're using SMA's, EMA's, adaptive MA's, DSP-based MA's, Jurik's secret sauce, whatever... MA's work in certain modes and don't work in other modes. Same for RSI, CCI, Stochastics, or the secret sauce RSX. Doesn't matter... if you can identify which mode you can make money using any oscillator.

That's my 2 cents and how I make my $$.

#47     Jun 1, 2005
  8. thanks for sharing your intresting thouts.

Regards

#48     Jun 1, 2005
  9. Dood,

I likes your new handle :p

#49     Jun 2, 2005