Moving Average

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jgadefelth, May 27, 2005.

1. Good advice from tradersaavy.

Also take a look at Tick or Volume charts.

#11     May 27, 2005
  2. ==============
    JGadef;

Dont care for trading with moving averages much during a sideways trend and
    dont care for trading much during a sideways trend reguardless.:cool:

Like moving averages during an uptrend, downtrend and
    patterns may repeat, not during a sideways trend.

Another key is certain numbers seem to be key;
    also, about 72 hours a work week seems to be key.

Even the critics of moving averages would have to admit;
    they tend to underline price,
    or overline price.

In all labor there is profit-Solomon,trader king

#12     May 27, 2005
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Juric indicator that is based on FIR filters is the ultimate solution.

#13     May 27, 2005
  4. I use a first order infinite impulse response filter tuned by eye. It's a poor man's Kalman, and yes, purists, I know that eyeballing it makes it a known solution to an unknown problem. But it works, and the code is trivial. And Jack don't teach it. Before his time, educationally.

#14     May 27, 2005
  5. What is this Juric indicator that is based on FIR filters is the ultimate solution. I havent heard of it before?

And EMA work fine in a trending market a little late but fine the real problem is to know when it is gona trend and when it is gonna be a sideway move that EMA dont work so well in.
    I am a simple man and i try if i kind keep it as simple as possible.

is there anyone else that use Ema whit other indicators or by it selse whit sucess?

Regards John

#15     May 27, 2005
  6. I think of moving averages as similar to Edmunds (edmunds.com) True Market Value price for a particular car -- an indicator of what everyone else has been paying for the same product. Even though it's old data, I know that, in general, I don't want to buy above the average or sell below it (I use a relatively short-period EMA on the fastest of my tick charts as the guide, along with an EMA channel based on a longer-period MA). Even if the trade breaks against me as soon as I'm in, odds are it will soon return to a level near the MA for a less painful exit. I find it helps me resist the urge to chase when I've missed a good entry.

Regards,

#16     May 27, 2005
  7. I thinking of having something else beside the EMA that comfirms the direction of the trend or to have somthing to measure the trend havent find anything yet that i think is working well have tryed ADX and looking throu the direction of MA but i am not happy whit the result ADX for an example is more lagging and the MA it almost works better to tell when there was a trend and it is over. and the direction of Ma or EMA it is open for turputations.

Regards

#17     May 27, 2005
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

It's Jurik, not Juric, and I'm pretty sure it's not FIR. It seems to be like John's filter: first-order IIR, and if I had to guess, I would guess dual-adaptive. That's just a WAG, don't ask me to justify it. :D

I will say that Jurik Research seems to produce the best blackbox technical indicators you can buy, if you don't mind using a tool you can't see inside of.

#18     May 27, 2005
  9. I differ to beg! An FIR filter is NOT an IIR filter! It is a hole difference of world. An IIR is the Sgt. Schultz of filters: it loses NOTHING!

#19     May 27, 2005
  10. sounds advance but intresting to. Where can o find more infomation about it?

Regards

#20     May 27, 2005