Moving Average Fraud Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by larrybf, May 31, 2004.

1. yes. price is also delayed info.

surfer :D

#11     May 31, 2004
  2. lindq

lindq

So what. There isn't an indicator, or any element of trading, that isn't delayed.

Welcome to the Universe, where time runs forward.

Also, for one to say that MA's, or MA crossovers don't work - or for that matter that any indicator doesn't work, is making a judgement from their own very limited perspective.

There are many markets, many timeframes, and virtually an infinite number of ways to trade. And after you've been trading long enough, you'll learn never to say never. You'll often find that what doesn't work for you, is making someone else wealthy.

#12     May 31, 2004
  3. Question: Does anyone know of a system that tells you anytime some moving averagess cross triggering a buy or sell signal. I would like to see software that lets you know when a lets say 20 period SMA crosses the 30 period SMA for any stock I am tracking

I saw stuff on wealth-lab and TradeStation that was stock specific but I did not see that they spot all equities.

#13     May 31, 2004
  4. vox_lucidus,

I am really interested in knowing more about how the funds trade. Do you know absolutely for a fact that they do not use "technicals"? You mentioned "complicated time distribution & algorithmic parameters". What the hell are those things? They sound really complicated but their results are quite pathetic. Most funds cannot have any commendable degree of consistency. Do you know why? What I am saying is, there are some consistent patterns that are easily captured by "technicals". I do not understand why they need to look beyond that and come out with all the complicated stuff and YET they perform miserably.

Please, anybody, just shed some light here.

Thanks

#14     May 31, 2004