Moving Average Backtest

Discussion in 'App Development' started by simba0020, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Moin Together. Which backtesting program can I use to find the best MA for different tickers? Thanks

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. There are many. But I think Trendspider is good for you for what it does.

3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Seriously? That's like watching to see which high tide wave will hit the highest spot on the shoreline. And again the next day, the day after that, ...

d08 and lariati like this.
  4. Interesting, I was thinking of trying to run various moving average back tests in Excel.

SunTrader, why do you say that? Is your thinking along the lines that none will really be profitable, of if you find one that seems profitable, it is probably just "curve fitting"?

Thanks.

5. destriero

destriero

lol the moron has gone elite. MA backtests. The edge!

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Curve fit for sure to what has already happened yet will be different in the future.

Small ranges lead to large ranges lead to small ranges. How can a MA (no matter the length or calculation type) possible keep up to that?

Traders point to the few times MA's seem to show sup/res while ignoring the vast majority of times it doesn't. Especially when price just slams right thru the MA's.

7. Yep yep, understood. Thanks.

murray t turtle likes this.

8. Oh hi again fat thing! I missed you in the Intel thread, seems you pulled out of that one suddenly, only to show up here. You've got a trend going LOL. I guess you just didn't like the thread was going, where you had starting talking about sucking dicks again, and you thought I was bringing heat on you. But, as I tried to explain in that thread, I was in no way making fun of you or your "happy" lifestyle. Do you not watch the news? Having a "happy" lifestyle is well accepted these days. Nothing to be ashamed about. You go on sucking dicks, and sharing that fact with everybody, but be proud of it, fat thing!

9. Darc

Darc

Soy and Dest are amusing.

There's plenty of Studies done on this isn't there. There's even a Book or 3.

taowave likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

lol ur so dumb.

#10     Mar 1, 2023