Moving? 14 Countries With NO Income Tax

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

LOL
    You mean if you're essentially poor, right?

#21     Dec 3, 2012
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

If you earn your income outside of the U.S, for example, if you are a consultant and decide that you want to not be paid onshore in U.S. dollars but offshore in another domicile then there are quite a number of ways to avoid U.S. income tax and still remain a U.S. citizen - especially if you reside offshore and rarely appear in the states.

The WSJ and NYT outlined some of the evasion tactics in articles over time, and the U.S. government keeps trying to close loopholes.

#22     Dec 3, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

How many people who post here on ET fall into that category???

#23     Dec 3, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If you're poor, the rule simply doesn't apply. No, I meant if you're net worth is greater than $1 Million. You can easily get around it with some planning.

#24     Dec 3, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're missing the overall point. As the United States becomes more tax hungry, more and more people will investigate the various ways there are to hiding wealth from taxation - legal or otherwise. When taxes are reasonable, the risk of doing something you shouldn't and/or the effort in doing something you can, but requires lots of work/planning doesn't pay off. When you raise that bar, people begin to re-examine what is worth the effort and risk.

#25     Dec 3, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I thought it was 2 million, but, do tell, brother Tao, basically, how is this done?
    Give me a vague idea how you would be able to escape the long arm of the IRS.
    I think you would be taking some pretty huge risks.

#26     Dec 3, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm not going to get into everything I know on this forum (and there is probably twice as much I don't know) but it involves setting up corporations in another country, and/or using dual citizenship and foreign currency transactions. All of this done significantly in advance of renouncing citizenship.

#27     Dec 3, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

You definitely got less fear of the IRS than I do.
    Good luck.

#28     Dec 3, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Knowledge is power.

Most of this stuff is done via IRS code itself, so there's no luck needed. Just an accountant who understands how to do it. This is one of the reasons why raising taxes won't do all that much to the rich unless you close loopholes first.

#29     Dec 3, 2012
  10. Hmm I wouldn't be too sure about that even with a 2nd passport.

If that 2nd passport names your place of birth in it you are still screwed.
    KYC & FACTA requirements placed on banks and brokerages will still cause you headaches just like as if you never had the 2nd passport.

Now if that 2nd passport does not name your place of birth
    :D :D :D

If anybody knows speak up, because I'm interested.

#30     Dec 3, 2012