movies on trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by travis, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Well we need these guys, makes my account bigger.. HAHA

#51     Sep 15, 2009
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. 25th Hour has a great trading scene and is a great movie.

#52     Sep 15, 2009
  3. why, do you trade Nikkei futures at the SIMEX?

:p

#53     Sep 16, 2009
  4. travis

travis

Many bank executives don't know much about trading. That is one of the causes of Leeson and the stuff I see going on at the bank I work for (many traders not making money for years, and still not getting fired). They know about banking but they don't know about trading. If they knew about trading, probably they wouldn't be bank executives. I am not saying it applies to all, but to many of them.

#54     Sep 16, 2009
  5. There was a unique advert by Mercedes a few years ago that was actually made to promote their new SL Roadster but it was made to look like a trading sci-fi movie

The preview gained a lot of recognition, it starred Benicio Del Torro as a mysterious figure that had uncanny stock picking abilities. The spooks and the SEC were onto him etc,etc.

I think it was directed by Michael Mann and was canned for a later date...it looked pretty good all the same.

#55     Sep 16, 2009
  6. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YoCLxp2W9xE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YoCLxp2W9xE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#56     Sep 16, 2009
  7. Thanks.

#57     Sep 16, 2009
  8. I was doing some searches... Looks like "Wolves of Wall Street" might have something to do with trading... or a horror flick. Anybody seen it?

#58     Oct 3, 2009
  9. where can i see rogue trader online for free and not just a 5 min trailer? thanks

#59     Oct 4, 2009
  10. omg. Brokers that turn into werewolves. Lmao...

Good find :)

#60     Oct 4, 2009