MOVIES about Trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Spectra, Jan 14, 2007.

1. why you telling me this?

... The whole NASA thing was actually supposed to be sarcasm according to what it says here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_(film)

#31     Jan 18, 2007
  2. Oh I just quoted you because you mentioned wall street.

#32     Jan 18, 2007
  3. #33     Jan 18, 2007
  4. I liked it. It was on for four years and the ratings were decent. They repeat it on cable sometimes ,and the first season is on dvd.

#34     Jan 18, 2007
  5. Well I just want to say that I do like the movie "Wall street". You'd think that in America, with the whole "Get rich quick" dreams, that there would be more movies that deal directly with trading.

That movie "A good year" with Russle crowe was good in the beginning when it shows him running that hedge fund...I'd like to see more of something like that. I just hope that Hollywood doesn't ruin it.

I'm actually in the process of witting a script..lol.. I'm bored :p

cm69

#35     Jan 18, 2007
  6. Wallstreet not only the best market movie ever, the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!

#36     Jan 18, 2007
  7. I just watched a relatively older movie, titled, "empire." It stars John Leguizemo, as a street thug leader who gets sucked into wall street life. While the movie theme is not solely about wall street, it has some good reflections about novices who get excited very quickly.

Won't reveal the end, but it's pretty good... IMHO.

#37     Jan 18, 2007
  8. And Denise Richards is f*cking hot. :)

#38     Jan 18, 2007
  9. I've seen that movie. It's one of my favorites. I didn't like the ending though, it made me kind of mad.

#39     Jan 18, 2007
  10. What I dont get is in the very beginning of the film, bud fox buys 200k shares of teldar paper...

I though brokers just called people and asked them for money for thier firm, I didn't know they actually made trades..I thought that was the traders job...not the brokers.

#40     Jan 22, 2007