MoviePass, the braindead idea of the decade

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Pekelo, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    #11     Jul 27, 2018
  2. destriero

destriero

The Mitch Lowe character is pulling a Bain Capital and siphoning off available cash to pay his $7MM salary. It was never going to work... it was never meant to be viable.

#12     Jul 28, 2018
    SteveH likes this.
  3. I can’t believe a business model based on “the more product you sell, the more money you lose” wasn’t sustainable.

Now they will have to rewrite all the economics books.

#13     Jul 28, 2018
    MoreLeverage likes this.
  4. zdreg

zdreg

amzn

#14     Jul 28, 2018
  5. Haha true.
    Remember The old 90’s “eyeball” metrics?

#15     Jul 28, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, it is under a dollar again, one of the fastest drop from 20 to 1. It only took 4 days...

#16     Jul 30, 2018
    zdreg and MoreLeverage like this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Not really. The airline industry calls that "synergy".

#17     Jul 30, 2018
  8. Sig

Sig

Best way to become a millionaire is to have a billion dollars and start an airline (or a movie pass company I guess).

#18     Jul 30, 2018
    Clubber Lang and vanzandt like this.
  9. Sig

Sig

My favorite crash of the .com era was a company that figured that since most people don't mail in rebates they'd sell a bunch of stuff at inflated prices with 100% rebates and make money off everyone who didn't bother to send in the rebate form. Of course they suffered the same adverse selection you described, only the hard core couponers who send in every rebate form are going to pay $40 for a Foreigner CD (it was the 90s) so of course they had a nearly 100% rate of rebate payout and folded after burning through their VC cash and contributing to several hoards that probably exist to this day.

#19     Jul 30, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

At least some people got a nice ride:

[​IMG]

#20     Jul 31, 2018