movie about HFT traders

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by zdreg, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

64% users liked it.

#42     Mar 18, 2019
  3. Used to be $1. A bit more than marginal. Now that the shortvol ETF gravy train has crashed they are starting to squeeze TPHs too. Shame. Now if they would fix the spread margins i could maybe live with the higher fees.

P.S. Perhaps all you big guys like the margins this way so you can feast on all the crumbs yourself without us pikers getting in your way.:(

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    #43     Mar 18, 2019
  4. From someof these comments I can sense there is much to learn for a lot of you? If trading is a business why do you neglect the business side of it so much? apparently you open an account learn charts and you are trading! um.. do you know anything about drop copy or stp or intransit order cancellations that are all working against you or how to negotiate reduced fees? cmon people you have got to actually put a lot of work into this way outside of just buying and selling. P.S. if you are new.. CLOSE YOUR FUTURES ACCOUNT LIKE YESTEDAY. they don't want you in their playground period. just like traders on the floor worked together so do the algos at the cme. the deck is stacked heavily against you in more ways than I can count.

#44     Mar 19, 2019
  5. T. Duffy the ceo of the cme said to congress: the cme is for price discovery and the stock market is for wealth appreciation.. his point was retail traders be damned. he also said. our only purpose is to get hedgers the best possible price we can. think about that

#45     Mar 19, 2019
  6. HFT at CME about 5 major ones are all LIQUIDITY TAKERS which means they will run the market for themselves not you. unlike equities where they might post orders on the clob and push them away from you a penny or 2 but they are still passive for the most part.. at the cme rebates are based on VOLUME of trades not producing liquidity. that is a very important distinction. if you don't understand this then trade stocks.

#46     Mar 19, 2019
  7. LOL. there is no such thing as a "Good" hft.

#47     Mar 19, 2019
  8. sle

sle

I recall them increasing the spreads to "curb excessive speculation" but never paid attention to where these things are. For what it's worth, I think the ETFs are getting interesting again, but let's talk about that off-line.

#48     Mar 19, 2019
  9. Curb speculation in spreads but feed off the shortvol etfs? Please. With my conspiracy hat on I would say it’s almost as if they don’t want retail trading size.

And of course you didn’t. Guys like you, you hit capacity or risk limits before you exhaust margin liquidity. But retail traders like myself who can push around risk limits need a pretty large account to put on any meaningful size in some of the tiers.

Offline? That’s so blue horseshoe:) Do you ever come to Chicago? As a TPH, I am sure your firm gets invites to the CFE's annual party.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    #49     Mar 20, 2019
    Banjo and sle like this.
  10. if you guys would do your own homework instead of asking people to do it for you then you would learn and know how to get reduced rates. you need to gain experience outside of the trades and learn the business. you are competition so why would anyone just say..do a b and c and get $$$. took me years to finally unravel a lot of it. like everything in life. once you learn it and know it. it is simple

#50     Mar 22, 2019