movie about HFT traders

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by zdreg, Mar 15, 2019.

1. volpri

volpri

ROFLMAO

#31     Mar 16, 2019
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

3. Turveyd

Turveyd

So it's a film about a programmer, writing some code and running it on there fast PC with a fast connection to the exchange, doesn't really sound gripping to me, maybe it crashes or there is a power cut.

Maybe good to see, what they go through to make the $$$'s they make but that's about it.

#33     Mar 17, 2019
  4. NO COMMISSIONS OR EXCHANGE FEES ?
    My gosh, that's not fair. WTF.
    I'm on IB's fixed rate right now at $2.09 per contract (Commish+Exchange)....and it's killing me.

#34     Mar 17, 2019
  5. ZBZB

ZBZB

What product and how many lots do you do a month? Exchange seats have halved in price in the last year. Members do not have to pay the exchange fee per lot. You can trade through IB as.an exchange member.

https://www.cmegroup.com/company/membership/membership-and-lease-pricing.html

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    #35     Mar 17, 2019
  6. ES/NQ. 20,000 contracts per month....figure 1000 R/T's per day.
    Ah, so renting a membership in the CME may be a good move. I could then go with IB's tier pricing which is favorable when trading over 500 contracts per day....

#36     Mar 17, 2019
  7. sle

sle

It depends on the exchange. For example, on CFE you get a marginal discount from customer fee levels if you are a TPH (for VIX futures it's like 1.45 to 1.1). On some exchanges all fees are waved, but the cost of the seat is much higher. Professional level commissions are pretty low compare to the fees, even non-HFT guys pay 5-10 cents per contract.

#37     Mar 18, 2019
  8. abnormal

abnormal

you still find advantages to make arbitrage of two different exchanges in the same datacenter of equinix. i know a guy who does it. i think that do not arrive the best companies of hft because there is a low volume. about $20 million a day.

#38     Mar 18, 2019
  9. ZBZB

ZBZB

IOM seat traded at $32000. You will pay for it within weeks. Call CME membership department for details.

#39     Mar 18, 2019
  10. "IOM" ???

#40     Mar 18, 2019