Moveon.org has got to be shut down!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is ridiculous. This tax exempt organization has gone too far. If this were coming from the right, we would never hear the end of it. Is there anyone on this board that actually reads the content on their website and who is a member of this organization? These guys have gone too far.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

MOVEON.ORG FEATURES AD COMPARING BUSH TO HITLER...

ONLINE CONTEST TO MAKE BEST SPOT TURNS VICIOUS. WEBSITE FEATURED AD, LATER PULLED IT AFTER COMPLAINTS, DRUDGE HAS LEARNED.

SEE MOVEON.ORG HITLER/BUSH AD CONTENDER...

MOVEON.ORG SCRIPT

GRAPHIC: Pictures Of Hitler
    HITLER: (Speaking In German)
    CHYRON: We have taken new measures to protect our homeland,

CHYRON: I believe I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator,

CHYRON: God told me to strike at al-Qaida and I struck them,

GRAPHIC: Pictures of President Bush
    CHYRON: and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did.

CHYRON: SOUND FAMILIAR?
    BACKGROUND: Cheering German Crowd

2. i think ole hitler would be proud of your suggestion.

3. see how this god crap infects the mind! your judgement becomes tainted and you do stupid things!

don't let that SQUIRREL INTO YOUR HEAD!! :eek:

4. you heed any other voice but god and its called..

SCHIZOPHRENIA.

hmmmm...

LOL

:p

5. isn't that incredible?? if i go to a mental hospital and tell them i have a voice in my head from someone not myself, they'll probably think i have a serious problem...but so many religious people claim exactly this!!! :eek:

speaking of which, didn't pat robertson say god told him bush will be re-elected?!?

unbelievable...

i bet religious people claiming a connection with god could really be diagnosed with a problem--if the doctor had balls and didn't suffer from the same problem, too.

6. shrewd, thanks for posting. WE need YOUR wise opinion on so many things around here.. please :-/

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Guys this is not a religious discussion. We have a tax exempt organization that is comparing our current President to Adolph Hitler. This organization is collection so much money from George Soros and all the heavy hitters on the left. This organization is despicable.

8. barf...........

9. Even organizations with despicable messages get protection under the Bill of Rights.

It's a double edged sword - to protect everyone's freedom of speech, we have to be willing to let the neo-nazis, the Farakahns, and all the other hate mongers rant their rants. At least until they commit liable or try to incite a riot - but there's a lot of leeway given over liable in the case of public figures.

You might be able to challenge the organization's tax exempt status (as I believe they did Pat Robertson a while ago), but not solely because of the message they broadcast.

#10     Jan 5, 2004