MoveOn Moonbats Slander Petraeus...surprised?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Sep 10, 2007.

Were you surprised by the MoveON ad?

1. Of course not. Moonbats are very predictable.

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Yes. I thought even moonbats have some sense of morality and common sense. Oops.

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Of course not. MoveOn is just telling the truth.

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. What's the big deal? Just politics as usual.

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. This about sums it up for me:

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was 'desecrated' when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?..Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and-you guessed it-I don't care !!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your E-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great Country! And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.' -- Ronald Reagan

#91     Sep 18, 2007
  2. Exactly....so refreshing to hear from a sane Democrat.

#92     Sep 18, 2007
  3. A fake democrat who never missed a chance to attack a democrat or a**kiss Bush.

BTW, anyone who thinks that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 needs to have his head examined.

#93     Sep 18, 2007
  4. Uh-oh. Next up on the moonbat slander check list is to label opponents pedophiles. Just ask chuck.ells or artie21.

Any rational person on ET knows that the good Captain, a true Democrat, has more integrity in any of the millions of skin cells his body sheds on a daily basis than you will ever have in your lifetime.

Anyone who thinks and reacts the way you do needs their head examined. I guess you'll have to make another appointment with your proctologist.

#94     Sep 20, 2007
  5. Lol. You were exposed as a liar in another thread so you try to stir up a pissing match here? Have you got nothing to say about the "a**kissing little chickensh*t" general any more?

#95     Sep 20, 2007
  6. Too funny...what did I lie about? You, on the other hand, have been exposed as the hypocritical, lying, Inspector Clouseau of the Moonbat Nation umpteen times, mostly via your own posts. You have nothing but conjecture, I have solid evidence. So you lose. Again. LOL!

As for the good General, I prefer to let you moonbats continue with your slobbering rants. Reasonable people need say nothing as it is evident that Petraeus' calm and rational approach at the hearings easily handled your colleagues' shameful ads and attempts to shout him down.

#96     Sep 20, 2007
  7. MoveOn.org Bullies Crack Down on Critics

By Michelle Malkin
    Wednesday, October 3, 2007

MoveOn.org, the left-wing extremists who bashed the commander of American forces in Iraq as a traitor, should get out of the political kitchen. The George Soros-funded hitmen can't stand even a bit of heat from Mom-and-Pop retailers who tried selling T-shirts and mugs on the Internet critical of the "General Betray Us" smear ads against Gen. David Petraeus.

I heard from one of the independent T-shirt sellers targeted by MoveOn.org last week. The seller is a lifelong Democrat and member of the military. Incensed by the attack on Gen. Petraeus, the retailer opened up a shop at online store CafePress. The homemade designs at the PoliStew Cafe (www.cafepress.com/polistew) were stark and simple: "Move Away from Move On!" "MoveOn.org NoFriend to Dems." "General Petraeus has done more for this country than MoveOn.org."

For daring to raise a voice and raise some money for the troops (all proceeds from the sale of his items go to the National Military Family Association charity), this T-shirt seller earned the wrath of MoveOn.org's lawyers. MoveOn.org chief operating officer Carrie Olson brought down the sledgehammer. She sent a cease-and-desist letter to CafePress demanding that PoliStew Cafe's items and other anti-MoveOn.org merchandise be removed from the store.

Olson warned: "We have been alerted to an entire page of items on your website that infringes on our registered trademark, and we request that you remove all items immediately, and ask the poster to refrain from shipping any items purchased on this webpage. We also request that you give us contact information for the company / person who posted the items. This content has certainly NOT been authorized by anyone at MoveOn.org, nor anyone affiliated with MoveOn."

Acceptable speech to MoveOn.org: Likening President Bush to Adolf Hitler, as they did in 2004.

Unacceptable speech: Little old mugs and hoodie sweatshirts gently satirizing the thin-skinned, left-wing mafia.

The pretextual copyright infringement claims are downright laughable. This isn't about protecting MoveOn.org's property rights. It's about shutting up citizens who don't have the deep pockets to defend themselves against frivolous claims by bullies in progressive clothing. Sane liberals should be ashamed at such free speech-squelching efforts. As Los Angeles Times blogger Jon Healey, the only other mainstream journalist to cover the crackdown, notes:

"Trademark law doesn't confer monopoly rights over all uses of a registered phrase or symbol, however, and it wasn't created simply to protect the trademark owner's interests. Instead, it's designed to protect consumers against being misled or confused about brands. The courts have repeatedly ruled in favor of parodies and critiques; that's why www.famousbrandnamesucks.com doesn't violate famousbrandname's trademark. And most, if not all, of the items targeted by MoveOn were clearly designed to razz it, not to trick buyers into thinking they were the group's products."

CafePress refused to give in on several of the items. But the speech-chilling message is clear: Parody MoveOn.org and they'll threaten to hunt you down and sue you. The PoliStew Cafe operator took down the pro-Petraeus, anti-MoveOn.org shirts and replaced them instead with merchandise referring to "THE GROUP THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED." An army of MoveOn mockers online has published photoshopped logos ("MoveOut.org," "MoveOn.org: Surrender in Action") in solidarity -- daring the far-left lawyers to sue them.

Edward Padgett, a Los Angeles blogger who spread the word about MoveOn's attempt to silence critics, laments: "For several years I have found MoveOn.org to be an inspirational anti-war group, but the past few weeks they have been an embarrassment to all Americans with their attacks upon President Bush and General Petraeus. I subscribe to the MoveOn newsletter, and even considered hosting an anti-war rally in San Dimas, but now I want no part of this radical group and will remove my name from their newsletter subscription . . . I guess to MoveOn, the First Amendment is only for the rich."

Dissent-silencing tactics approved, apparently, by the MoveOn.org Democrats who are too busy bashing Rush Limbaugh to notice the gagging of ordinary citizens on their own side of the political aisle.

Welcome to George Soros's America.

#97     Oct 3, 2007