Movement/Trainees on EUREX

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mgrund, Mar 5, 2012.

1. just21

just21

What do you use and what does it cost?

#21     Mar 13, 2012
  2. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Or GC, similar to CL but thinner ...

Or what about the FDAX, lots of movement, ok volume, similar to CL... and you have those nice low eurex fees. Big advantage compared to paying CME fees, especially for us scalpers.

#22     Mar 13, 2012
  3. mgrund

mgrund

I use CQG basic platform ( only require a DOM) and also IG index for any positions which I am looking for 15+ ticks ( no software charge, Commisions and tax free ).

TT was the industry standard a few years back.However, within the last couple of years CQG IC is actually cheaper than TT and also more stable ( with slightly faster executions, not that it matters to point and click traders).

I suggest you try out alternatives , as TT relatively speaking is dogdirt when it comes to " bang for your buck".

At my old trading arcade many of the guys didnt want to try alternatives as they were stuck in a rut/didnt like change etc.Rather like the people who go back year after year to the same dogdirt place on vacation for 2 weeks.

#23     Mar 14, 2012
  4. ixus

ixus

Why not avoid the big volume play and range trade the sucker then?

#24     Mar 15, 2012
  5. mgrund

mgrund

I used to be a active intraday scalper ( point and click).However, as the markets have changed dramitically over the last few years I too have changed my intraday trading style to that of position trading and looking for breakouts.I am no longer in and out of the market all day long nicking ticks here and there churning out 1000 RT'S day.

I am not a range trader ( I look for breakouts only with my system).Hence I require markets to move or have a range of 75+ ticks as many of my trades are long term intraday ( 30 + ticks).FGBL has been good for the last 2 days as there has been movement in which to at least put a trade on, unlike the dogdirt ranges we had all last week.

#25     Mar 15, 2012
  6. bone

bone

It is actually annoying that you started three different threads to basically bitch about the same thing.

Trade something else then, for God's sake. Pissing and moaning will not change the marketplace, and increasing your frustration level certainly won't change your predicament. Lots of traders, myself included, used to trade big volume in Eurex and have managed to move on with our lives and make a go of it.

Learn to spread German debt against other better quality Euro debt like the UK complex if you insist on monogamy.

#26     Mar 22, 2012

7. its also annoying having to listen to your bollox as well.

even more annoying is that stupid advert.

you might as well say im a prick at the bottom

#27     Mar 23, 2012
  8. mgrund

mgrund

If you would read my posts correctly,I still trade EUREX FGBL. However, I now no longer scalp, I look for 8+ ticks on a trade on lower clip size currently, with a view to catching a breakout.None of the guys I know at my ex prop firm scalp anymore , they all look for bigger winners ( 5+ ticks) and hence no longer require to deal with EUREX direct, many have gone down the spreadbetting route, to save on TAX and any associated " desk fees"/commisions.So I too have moved on, and as a result I am still making a decent living

#28     Mar 23, 2012
  9. tuscan

tuscan

mgrund
    thanks for your views on the eurex markets, would like to know how do you see it now, after few months
    the matter certainly deserves a discussion , even though some people are obviously not able to understand what part of trading industry 'large clipsize- point and click -scalpers' were, let them look at their moving averages hoping to make a million out of 1000 on their MT4 platform, someone has to donate when you position trade and that's the good news.

#29     Jul 7, 2012
  10. tuscan

tuscan

btw a whole part of this forum is dedicated to eurex products. why is that? because a large part of the trading industry were volume traders. now something is happening, maybe its a period, maybe its a more permanent change in shares in volume by different market participants. if u are not interested and all you care about are your moving averages , then stop trolling on this forum, idiot. this is the eurex forum. the only one reason of grouping all kinds of futures by the exchange where they're traded, not by the underlying instrument, is the market-microstructure reason. but how someone with his MT4 is able to undersatnd that ?

#30     Jul 7, 2012