Moussasaoui should DIE

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChiBondKing, Apr 11, 2006.

1. at least they aren't working at wal-mart! :D

wait, WMT is a prison in itself

#11     Apr 12, 2006
  2. And don't forget about the lawyers. I do believe those on deathrow get about 2 or 3 and about 10 years worth of appeals. In the end, the jihadists get their martyr AND it's paid for courtesy of the American taxpayers. Gee, that's money well spent.

#12     Apr 12, 2006
  3. Moussaoui: 'No remorse' for 9/11

Al Qaeda plotter tells jury of his hatred for Americans

Fridayy, April 14, 2006; Posted: 12:26 a.m. EDT (04:26 GMT)

Zacarias Moussaoui told the jury he does not want to die. "I want to fight," he said.

On stand, Moussaoui mocks victims (2:10)

ALEXANDRIA, Virginia (CNN) -- Al Qaeda terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui told a jury deciding whether he should live or die that he is willing to kill Americans "any time, anywhere."

Moussaoui testified at his sentencing trial Thursday that he had "no regret, no remorse" over the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and is disappointed that additional attacks were not carried out.

"I just wish it could have gone on the 12th, the 13th, the 14th, the 15th, the 16th, the 17th. We can go on and on," Moussaoui said.

A 37-year-old French citizen, Moussaoui is the first person tried in this country for the September 11 attacks. Jurors already have held him responsible for at least some of the nearly 3,000 deaths on 9/11.

Moussaoui made a series of stunning statements under cross-examination by federal prosecutor Robert Spencer.

The prosecutor asked, "You would do it again tomorrow, Mr. Moussaoui?"

"Today," Moussaoui replied.

Asked if he was "happy" when the widow of a military officer testified about her husband's death in the Pentagon attack, Moussaoui said, "Make my day."

Asked about another officer who testified about his escape from the flaming military headquarters, Moussaoui said, "I was regretful he didn't die."

Moussaoui agreed with the prosecutor that it was his choice to join al Qaeda and swear allegiance to it is leader, Osama bin Laden.

"My pleasure," Moussaoui said when asked about being tapped for a suicide mission to fly a plane into a landmark U.S. building.

Asked if he would be willing to kill Americans in prison, Moussaoui responded, "Any time, anywhere."

Moussaoui testified that he rejects his court-appointed defense team's theory that he is mentally ill.

Asked if he is "crazy," Moussaoui said, "Thank God, I am not."

Yet Moussaoui said he believes President George W. Bush will free him from prison and that the FBI had him under surveillance after he arrived in the United States in February 2001. There is no such evidence.

Moussaoui told the jury that he did not want to die.

"I want to fight," he declared.

Moussaoui's responses to questions by his own attorney, Gerald Zerkin, were just as damaging.

Asked whether he had any remorse for the September 11 attacks, Moussaoui said, "None whatsover."

He explained, "We wanted to inflict pain on this country. I wish there would be more pain."

He said his hatred for the United States was rooted in American support for Israel, its treatment of Muslim nations and his interpretation of the Quran that Muslims must fight against those who don't share their beliefs.

"We have to be the superpower, we have to be above you, and you have to be subdued," Moussaoui said. "You organize the misery of the world."

Moussaoui told jurors his preferred defense strategy would have been to argue that his life has value because he could be used as a "bargaining chip" to save American lives.

Moussaoui offered a scenario in which Americans fighting abroad might be taken hostage and he could be negotiated away in exchange.

"This could work on even the most revengeful juror," Moussaoui said. "Let's put him in jail, and one day he can save American life."

Moussaoui said he also would tell the jury that martyrdom is a reward, and that life in prison is harsher punishment.

Moussaoui sparred with Zerkin about how his court-appointed defense team has represented him over the past four years. He said he regarded his lawyers' performance as "criminal non-assistance of defense counsel."

Zerkin has told jurors that mental health experts will testify that Moussaoui is a paranoid schizophrenic who suffers from delusions. Moussaoui's defense team plans to call those experts next week.

"I thought your idea to portray me as crazy was not going to work," Moussaoui said.

Thursday's testimony marked the second time the jury has heard from Moussaoui.

Moussaoui claimed on March 27 that he had advance knowledge that the World Trade Center was targeted in the September 11 plot. He also testified that had he not been incarcerated, he would have attempted to pilot a fifth hijacked jet into the White House.

The testimony damaged his defense, which was vigorously contesting the government's theory that Moussaoui's lies to federal investigators in August 2001 kept U.S. authorities from uncovering and thwarting the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Zerkin asked Moussaoui if he thought his earlier testimony had helped his case.

"I thought about the consequences of saying I was part of 9/11. I decided to put my trust in my God," Moussaoui said.

"I understand from a non-Islamic view, it is contradictory," Moussaoui explained to Zerkin. "But we will never understand each other."

Moussaoui claims one of his purported hijacking crew members was Richard Reid, the "shoe bomber" who attempted to detonate homemade explosives in his sneakers on board an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami in December 2001. Reid, 33, pleaded guilty to terrorism charges in 2002 and is serving a life sentence.

Brinkema has issued a subpoena for Reid to testify in the Moussaoui trial next week. Moussaoui and Reid attended the same mosque in the Brixton section of London and trained together in Afghanistan.

"He was my buddy," Moussaoui said Thursday. The men have attempted to correspond while incarcerated in the United States.

On the stand, Moussaoui said he never actually discussed the September 11 plot with Reid. He said al Qaeda's late military leader, Mohammed Atef, told him Reid would be part of his crew, but they never met again.

Before Moussaoui took the stand, the jury heard from a retired prison warden, James Aiken, who is now a corrections industry consultant.

Aiken said Moussaoui would be isolated in his cell at the nation's supermaximum security prison in Florence, Colorado. He would take his meals alone, be under constant surveillance, and sleep on a mattress fitted to a concrete slab.

Rehabilitation is not part of the program, Aiken testified. The U.S. prison system is designed to "manage people like this for the rest of the natural life," he said.

"They rot."

------------------------------------

"We have to be the superpower, we have to be above you, and you have to be subdued," Moussaoui said. "You organize the misery of the world."

Interesting how many on ET agree with this statement, including many Americans.

#13     Apr 14, 2006
  4. Ah well, the idea of the life he would live turned loose among a prison population in a super max would be a small win, in my mind. Let him ponder the 73 virgins while getting reamed in the laundry room.

And for those who say he would never be allowed into the general population... don't count on it. I have no doubt that he would be made available to the biggest, meanest mf's you can imagine.

It's interesting that you characterize the mindset that allows a man to murder innocent people as 'toughness'.
    The argument could be made that it is the perfect example of weak-mindedness; after all, he has been brainwashed into believing whichever absurd doctrine his personal mullah has selected for him, then further brainwashed into believing that by blowing up a bunch of kids, he can make the world a better place. I think I know what you mean, but I am not sure I would use the word 'toughness' to describe it. It is a form of 'resolve', maybe...

To Sparohok... so you don't think he is provably guilty of conspiracy to commit murder?

#14     Apr 14, 2006
  5. saxon

saxon

CBK...nothing impressed me more, driving into NYC recently for the first time in 10 years...than seeing an initial glimpse of the city, and the fact that these a-holes had literally CHANGED THE SKYLINE of the city.

TOO much. This was a clear and graphic BIG DEAL.

KILL 'EM ALL!! (That was my first thought).

Baboon that I am...I have no second thought yet.

sax

#15     Apr 14, 2006
  6. The first thought of yours is quite consistent with our human nature.

Some second thoughts:

Romans 12:19-21

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

and

Matthew 6:14-15

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 6:15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Nah, I guess it is a bit too much to expect America to show the world that it really is a "New Testament" style Christian nation.....not an old style Muslim or Old Testament "eye for an eye" nation....

#16     Apr 14, 2006
  7. Nah, I guess it would be too much to ask you to be an example of the scripture you have quoted.

You know, to not make disparaging remarks about homosexuals, Americans from the South, people in general who disagree with you, etc., and start threads specifically for those purposes or hijack other threads with those remarks.....

Not make "jokes" about pedophilia (assuming you are trying to joke and are not in fact a pedophile)....

Basically, to not be the hypocrite you are every day....

Nah, that would be too much to expect from you, ZZzzz.

#17     Apr 14, 2006
  8. saxon

saxon

America has one thing to show the world: that many diverse cultures can live together under one roof...and govern themselves. Not easy, but not impossible.

#18     Apr 14, 2006
  9. Ricter

Ricter

On an sidenote, Arnold Schwarzenegger said something similar in a Playboy article many years ago. I made a mental note at that time to beware if he ever sought political power.

#19     Apr 14, 2006
  10. Hard for me to imagine that we will see many diverse cultures living together peacefully without the type and spirit of forgiveness, acceptance, non judgement and compasssion, that was the message and life of Jesus Christ.

That is one reason why I do have hope for this country, that we would become the real Christian nation we preach to others that we are....

#20     Apr 14, 2006