MoUse (Batteries)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BSAM, Mar 22, 2007.

1. BSAM

BSAM

When I recently installed my wireless mouse, I didn't know batteries only lasted a couple of weeks. I was expecting much "Mo Use" out of the mouse. Is this about normal or does it depend on the manufacturer?

2. Surdo

Surdo

You got old batteries my friend!

My Duracells, that came with the Logitech Mouse, have been going strong for 4 months so far.

el surdo

3. Buy rechargeable ones, end of a problem. Also, turn your mouse off at the end of a day.

4. Agree with Surdo. My batteries normally last 4-6mths. Definitely looks like you got some bad batteries with the mouse.

5. BSAM

BSAM

No, guys, I have had this for about three months or so. I keep having to put in fresh batteries about every two weeks.

Saxon22---How do I turn the mouse off?

6. I went thru batteries on my Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 like a boat of sailors thru a Bangkok whorehouse.

I don't believe that this is "normal" because I returned the mouse to Microsoft under warranty after a year or so and they sent me a brand new mouse.

I am still on my same set of batteries, and I have had the new mouse for many many months now. Very happy camper!
    :p

The old unit had a loose metal connection where the end of the batteries make contact inside the battery tray. I believe that this shorted-out the battery prematurely. You might wish to check for the same issue.