Mousavi wins Iran election with 65 percent of vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 12, 2009.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Monty, you are obviously bright and well informed, as it seems the majority of moderators on ET are. Nice to see that! Unfortunately most of the world is not bright and well informed. Good luck to you. We need more of that kind of informed idealism.

#51     Jun 14, 2009
  2. gkishot

gkishot

Punish Arabs? As far as I remember they've got their state too. The difference is the Jews do not want so much land as they want a state. The Arabs don't want so much a state as they want the land. That's why I bet that Arabs have stolen more land from others than others have stolen it from them.

#52     Jun 14, 2009
  3. Thanks for the support. :p

I've been getting really blasted by some guys on this thread lol.

Guess my B.A. in political science and international relations from a top liberal arts school has no credibility.

#53     Jun 14, 2009
  4. Lets use Florida as an example. How would you feel if you once lived oceanfront on South Beach (Miami), then eventually the government intervened and relocated you out to a swamp land in Central Florida?

The gov't replaced the Florida coast's with a different group of people. You and your kind, however, were told to move to swamp country. How would that make you feel?

No religious state should be established in that modern day Israel area... Jerusalem is sacred to all three big religions and no one should have preference. There is nothing wrong with the idea of Jewish state as long it is not on controversial land. Since the Europeans created this policy, they should've picked a small piece of land in Siberia or something. Not a controversial piece of land in the Middle East that many people are sensitive too.

#54     Jun 14, 2009
  5. gkishot

gkishot

Any land might be or might not be controversial. Unless it's on the moon.
    It all depends on the political power behind the controversy. How come the Druzes were never offered their state? Simple because they don't have enough political clout. They didn't have the backing of hundred of millions of Druzes around the world. Or how come the Tamils were eventually defeated in Shri Lanka? People around the world could care less about their plight.

By this token Arabs have no right to claim the state in the West Bank because this land is controversial. It's not about whether land is controversial or not. It's about willingness to make compromises in resolving the disputes between nations.

#55     Jun 14, 2009

6. Religion is used by the strong to enslave the weak. Most of these televangelists, priests and rabbis don't believe in half of what they preach.

Slavery, Rape and Murder are condoned in all the middle eastern religions. With all the evil in this world and the low lifes slithering about it trying to steal and rob you, it's apparent if there is a creator, He does not give 2 shits about you.

#56     Jun 14, 2009
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#57     Jun 14, 2009
  8. Oh no Lucrum. :eek:

I commented again! Looks like the end of the world huh? I'm sorry you care so much. Your posts in this thread have been exceptionally valuable. Thank you for all the substance! :p

Happy Trading!

#58     Jun 14, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not sure about the end of the world.

But it's certainly the end of any reputation you may have had for doing what you say your going to do.

Back before you were born I believe they called it integrity.

#59     Jun 14, 2009
  10. Judging by this post of yours and the long list... you obviously have difficulties tolerating anyone. God forbid someone has a different opinion than you:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...6&pagenumber=25

If you don't agree with me, why don't you just ignore my posts instead of trying to insult me and bringing up my moderator status. What does that have to do with anything?

#60     Jun 14, 2009