Mousavi wins Iran election with 65 percent of vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 12, 2009.

1. pspr

pspr

Same problem here. I asked support to add him to my ignore list but they said they can't. Like you, I don't enjoy running across his ignorant posts.
    :(

#21     Jun 13, 2009
  2. fuktards.com more than likely. Try moderating for once jackhole.

And this not just because your views are questionable.

#22     Jun 13, 2009
  3. The solution is simple... scroll down and don't read my post.

That way you can continue to live in your narrow view of the world and won't have to hear anything that your closed mind cannot tolerate. No one is forcing you to agree with me.

#23     Jun 13, 2009
  4. I moderate the Economic and Stocks forums. I have no jurisdiction over this forum (Wall St. News) or any other one.

#24     Jun 13, 2009
  5. Unfortunately, monty, this post signals the end of your mod status. Not sure when it will happen, but it will, eventually.

You said Hezbollah but I think you meant Hamas, didn't you? I assume you will have the intellectual honesty to refrain from going back and changing your post.

#25     Jun 13, 2009
  6. Woops... yes Hamas...

The US preaches democracy throughout the Middle East, but when parties that are anti US economic imperialism win, the US does not consider them legitimate. That is the case with Hamas.

Palestine and Israel should be a merged country with no official religion... that is the main issue... sensitivity to religion. During the Zionist movement and following WWII, 90% of the lands population was Palestinian. However, the Israeli government controlled 80% of the power. Today this example is still evident in the Gaza Strip. That is what I meant by Palestinians being marginalized.... they were not given equal voting power based on their population. The U.S. is also a country that separates church and state. Why is it that we recognize any countries based on religion?

You don't have to agree with my view. I have a B.A. in Political Science and minor in International Relations. That doesn't make me an expert but I'm not talking out of my ass either.

#26     Jun 13, 2009
  7. gkishot

gkishot

There were no Palestinians before Arafat came up with the idea of this bogus nation. Palestinians are not a legitimate nation. They are just Arabs who lived in Palestine under Turkey, British and Jordan mandate. They are as indigenous people of this land as Druzes and Chechens and Greeks.

#27     Jun 13, 2009
  8. Arabs yes... later renamed Palestinians.

I feel like I'm on Fox News now... on the "no-spin" my a$$ zone. :p

Some people are cropping my controversial statements without putting up the bigger picture. Now I can see people soon portraying me as an anti-Semite or something. I'm just critical to any modern state established by a religion. That is backward and not progressive. Religion has no business in politics regardless if it is Christian, Judaism, Islam, Buddhist, Hindu, etc.

#28     Jun 13, 2009
  9. I don't agree with your views, and I think that the fact that you didn't know the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas is somewhat relevant here. At least you were honest about it and didn't go back to change the post.

But leaving that aside, let me just say that Hamas is a terrorist organization who kill with impunity. They are almost as likely to murder fellow Muslims that get in their way as they are to murder Israeli Jews. Their stated goal is the murder of all Jews and the destruction of the State of Israel. They teach their children that if they blow themselves up in the vicinity of Jews, they will go to heaven and be serviced by 62 virgins. Recently, a Hamas member, along with his brother and cousin, hung his own child, a son, for 'collaborating' with the Israelis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8096742.stm

Just a quick fact check for this thread. I do respect your right to state your opinion, as misguided as it is. As a mod, though, aren't you supposed to show impartiality?

#29     Jun 13, 2009
  10. gkishot

gkishot

So how come that the christian Arabs (or Palestinians whatever you want to call it) could care less about their own state? Only the muslim Arabs are struggling for power on any land that they have settled. Or when it comes to Islam you choose to overlook this small fact?

#30     Jun 13, 2009