Motivewave

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by greenmoose, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Hello. Curious what feedback people have who use Motivewave. It doesn't seem as popular as Sierra, Ninja, Multicharts, Tradeview but I cannot figure out why.

In particular, how does it perform for daytrading with regards to data handling as well as execution? How does it perform with regards to resource management?

Thanks

@MotiveWave

2. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

We're the best software no one has heard of :) We've been around for over 10 years, but we've kept our head down and have continually been investing and growing our product to make it the best it can be (we will never stop on that front). Most of our success over the last 10 years has been word of mouth.

We are very comparable to Sierra, Multicharts, Ninja, and TradingView.

We don't provide data, so data handling/execution would mainly depend on the specific broker's or data feed's API and how fast that is. It would also depend on how many charts/symbols, etc. that you are working with at one time--if you are working with thousands of symbols and charts at a time, it will slow down. We are not resource heavy.

We also continue to make performance enhancements where we can. We just did a round of performance enhancements again, which will be released in our next update (imminent).

greenmoose likes this.
  3. Any others?

4. Honestly I looks like a great platform. I think that's why I'm surprised it doesn't get more mention and more following.

In terms of data handling, speed of execution and overall platform, how does it compare during time of high volume and fast moving markets compared to Sierra, Jigsaw....

Thank you again.

5. heispark

heispark

It has a native Mac version while Sierra or Ninja don't have. If you are a Mac user and trade Futures, you may want to try it. Of course, Thinkorswim and TWS have Mac version too but their data feed is not good as you know. I use MW on Mac using Rithmic and it's ok. I had some issue with Rithmic recently but it seems it's fixed now.

greenmoose likes this.
  6. Rithmic is one of their data feeds? I don't see it on their website

7. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

We do connect to Rithmic and CQG, and any broker who connects through them. They are both listed on our Connections page under Gateway Connectors: https://www.motivewave.com/connections.htm

I am sure many brokers and trading platforms have experienced varying levels of issues during these times of unprecedented volatility. Feedback from our support team suggests that most typical users did not report performance issues with our product, but we did have a handful of power users raise some concerns. Fortunately, some of them provided backups of their workspaces and we were able to identify and resolve some bottlenecks. Some of these improvements were added in 6.1.13 and we are releasing another round of improvements for 6.1.14 (you can contact support if you would like early access).

8. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

The issue you had with Rithmic was that we didn't have access to the Rithmic Singapore Server. Support for the Rithmic Singapore Server was added in our version 6.1.13 (released March 25th).

heispark likes this.
  9. dabsonfx

dabsonfx

your website have not been opening here in Nigeria.

10. dabsonfx

dabsonfx

Please I await a reply as I am interested in your software.

#10     Apr 18, 2020